Thursday, February 1, 2018

ALL the Puppies: Thinking Out Loud #74

Happy Thursday! It feels like so much longer than a week because so much has happened. On the plus side it's been a week filled with a LOT of dogs, which is always amazing, but it's also been an incredibly long work week. A long nap is in order since it's my weekend😴 anyway, let's jump into this weeks thinking out loud so we can get to all the cute puppies🐶


1. Of course I have to start with Cora. Even though I was home less than 36 hours getting to see her again was the best. I miss her so much and hate being away from her even though I know she's in really good hands. My parents send me pictures and videos all the time, but it's not the same as actually spending time with her. Nothing will ever beat coming home to puppy kisses. 


2. More in the world of cute puppies, this is Addie. She is the sweetest pup and so gentle. I spent time with her and two other therapy dogs this week as they went through a local hospital visiting with patients and doctors. She's definitely a cuddler and I wanted to take her home with me. I think the doctors loved the dogs even more than the patients. It was awesome to see these massively important doctors just melt over adorable dogs, no one is immune to cute puppies.


3. My dog stalking ways have continued. I had to report from a protest this past weekend and leave it to me to find a spot in the crowd next to a dog😂 She was a service dog, but she was so well behaved and just a total sweetie. I've always thought service dogs are amazing, but seeing them at work has given me even more respect for all the work they do. Dogs are just the best🙌


4. It's hard to tell from this picture, but when I was flying back to Nebraska from Michigan we flew over this massive windmill farm. I've always found windmills fascinating and a really awesome source of energy, so to see hundreds and hundreds of them was really awesome, plus seeing windmills in real life is crazy. They're MASSIVE!


5. Dan and Shay's new song Tequila is SO GOOD! My best friend from back home and I are obsessed. It's such a beautiful song that I cannot stop listening to it. Have you listened to it? If you have what are your thoughts about it?


6. I had to throw in one more cute puppy. This guy came to visit us at the station. He's a trained PTSD dog. I spent some time talking with his owner and the training he has is pretty amazing. The dog can distinguish between when the veteran is having a nightmare that the dog just needs to go lay next to him or if he needs to be woken up. There's a ton of other things the dog could do so I was pretty floored at how smart the little fella was. 


7. This week I had to go with this quote and not just because it's about sparkles. There's been a few disappointing and weird things that have happened that have caused me to take a step back this week. I've just focused on staying positive, which I think makes a big difference. As my dad always used to say, crap happens, but if you have a good attitude through it all people will notice. Getting through rough times is a lot easier with a smile😁

Have a great Thursday and a terrific weekend🎉🎉🎉

How do you stay positive during difficult or frustrating times?

What is your favorite animal and why?

1 comment:

  1. So true that getting through tough times is so much easier with a smile. Also, I love how much you love dogs Rachael, because i can totally relate. I love furry friends. They really do light up your life, light up a day with their snuggles and cuddles and licks and happy wagging tails. I'm so glad you got to see Cora and that you've made dog friends on the job.

    Staying positive during difficult times is tough for me. I think one of the most helpful things has been singing, or going outside in God's creation, praying, or listening to some good music!

    ReplyDelete