Thursday, February 8, 2018

Cinnamon Rolls & the Super Bowl: Thinking Out Loud #75

Happy Thursday! What a week it's been. In some regards it's flown by, but it also feels like the longest week ever. Maybe it's because I'm super sleep deprived or because so much has happened in the past week. Regardless this will be short because a nap is definitely calling my name right now. So let's jump into this weeks thinking out loud


1. Are these not the biggest cinnamon rolls you've ever seen?! They had to at least be a few pounds, not to mention a bajillion calories. I'd be really impressed if one person was able to eat the entire thing because no photo does it justice- it's bigger than my head. I was doing a story with a bakery when I saw these and my jaw just dropped. I didn't even bother to ask how expensive they were because I'm guessing those bad boys cost a pretty penny. 

2. I've been starting work on the weekends at 7 a.m. It's disappointing to me because I don't get to go to the gym and lift since it doesn't open until 7 on weekends. I've been running and doing cardio before work though, but after 12 hours at work I'm dead. A lot of times I feel like a grandma because I will eat and go to bed, but I know my body needs the rest so no shame. Last Sunday was the Super Bowl and all I really cared about was the halftime show. I treated myself to a veggie omelette and after the halftime show I went to bed. What did you guys think of JT's performance?! I thought he was fantastic so I don't understand all the criticism🙆


3. Working weird hours on the weekends has my eating times all thrown off. Since I had breakfast super early I was starving by 10:30. Luckily I had thrown a rxbar into my work bag in case of an emergency, so I had something to ward off the hunger until it was a semi normal lunchtime. I'm not a snacker, but I feel like I almost have to on the weekends since I'm eating breakfast so early and I don't want to starve myself until lunch, no one likes a hangry Rachael...


4. This a much shorter than normal TOL post, but there has just been so much going on that I haven't had time to do much of anything. I came across this quote this week and it was just fitting. Life is so busy and so complicated. At times I wish I didn't have to deal with all that was going on (I'm pretty sure everyone thinks that at one time or another), but I know for me if I hadn't been through all the things in my past I would not be as strong as I am. I wouldn't have the same attitude about hardship that I do because I know that difficult times don't last and I'm never in it alone. Just like that old saying tough times don't last, tough people do.

Happy Thursday and have a terrific weekend!

What is your favorite snack food?

What is something that helps you get through the tough times?

No comments:

Post a Comment