Thursday, March 1, 2018

Margs, Naps, & Puppies: Thinking Out Loud #78

Happy Thursday!! It's been another insanely busy week for me so I'm glad it's my weekend so I can take some time to unwind. There was a lot of puppies this week at work, which I'm more than ok with😁There was also a few days of glorious weather that have me itching for spring🌷 Anyway Let's jump into this weeks thinking out loud so you can see the cute puppies for yourself!

1. PUPPIES! I had probably one of my best days at work EVER this week. For one of my stories I got to go to a dog show. It was a giant fundraiser for a local organization that raises therapy and leader dogs for people in need. They had a playpen set up with some of the puppies that were in training and I was literally in heaven😍one of my coworkers texted and asked if I was going to come back and I said no😂there was also tons of rescue organization there with dogs for adoption, I wanted to take them all home, but I'm pretty sure my landlord might have a tiny problem with that...


2. This sweet girl had a major sniff fest when I came home from the dog show. I don't think she was too happy I smelled like a bazillion other dogs. but I'm pretty sure she forgave me. Nothing beats coming home and having this sweet pup wait for me. Maybe her owners won't notice if I steal her😬


3. Last Thursday was national margarita day so a few friends and I hit up a local Mexican restaurant. I love a good margarita from time to time, but holy cow it was so strong! I've never had one so strong, so I kept it to one and downed a lot of water. It was nice to just have a chill evening hanging out with friends because in the news business getting everyone's schedules to match up can be near impossible.


4. Speaking of Mexican food, I had to go out to the middle of nowhere Nebraska for a story. I was starving. I could not wait any longer to eat and the options were slim. I took a chance on a tiny Mexican restaurant and it was so good! I got carry out because I was in a rush and no joke my food was ready in less than five minutes. Let alone their refried beans were homemade and so good! If only this place wasn't so far away I would definitely be hitting it up more often.


5. Anyone else wish there was naptime at work?🙋After working over 12 hours on Saturday I was dead on Sunday. It was a pretty slow news day too which made it way worse. I'd rather be busy because then the day flies by, but when it's slow the day just drags on and doesn't help the exhaustion. Now if naptime was a thing at work, I'd be 100% ok with that.


6. I love historic churches. There's something so timeless about their beauty. There's a ton of old churches in Nebraska so it's kind of like a treasure hunt when I stumble upon a new one. Now I sound like a total nerd, but I swear old churches are beautiful and are definitely under appreciated. 


7. Starting over can be SO scary, but if I've learned anything in this crazy career of mine, it's that starting over is amazing. It provides an opportunity for growth and change. If I hadn't started over in a new city and a new state where I didn't know a single person I wouldn't be the person I am now. I would be missing out on some of the most amazing friendships I've ever had. Yes, starting over is scary, but it can be incredibly rewarding. 

Have a terrific Thursday and a great weekend everyone🎉🎉🎉

Have you ever started completely over? Would you ever want to start over?

If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be and why?

1 comment:

  1. Old church buildings are incredible, and I love how you are loving life there in Nebraska. Out of all the places i've been to I think I would love/not mind living in Alaska or Switzerland cause... they're the most like Colorado. :D

    And I bet her owners think that you're great at giving their dog some company. :)

    ReplyDelete