Thursday, March 22, 2018

Sore Legs and Puppies: Thinking Out Loud #81

Happy Thursday! This week flew by and I'm definitely not complaining😁I finally get a little bit of nice weather to enjoy for my weekend so I'm pretty excited. Another reporter wanted to check out Orangetheory so I'm heading back this morning and I'm looking forward to another butt kicking workout💪Before I babble too much, let's jump into this weeks thinking out loud


1. I'm slightly obsessed with Orangetheory Fitness now. A coworker and I went and it was so much fun. We were pushing each other the entire time and when our legs were shaking at the end we couldn't stop laughing. I've never been one to work out with another person, but Orangetheory is still independent but has that support aspect. It's really fun and I highly recommend trying it! The only downside is it's expensive to join, but dropping in every once in awhile is a nice change to the usual workout routine.


2. The friend I went to Orangetheory with talked the next day and we were both shocked to not be super sore. I loved that after the hard workout the coach cooled us down really well. He was joking that I'd need to use a scooter at the grocery store because the day before orangetheory was leg day and I went a little harder than normal, which was definitely not my best idea.


3. This may come as a shock, but I did another story with a dog😜I got to meet Katie comfort dog who spent time serving in Parkland Florida after the shooting. Her handlers were all amazing and Katie was a total sweetie. I have so much love and respect for the work that Lutheran Church Charities K9 Comfort Dog team does. The dogs are so well trained and the handlers are all amazing people. I'm so blessed to have a job were I get to meet so many remarkable people. 


4. I've been working on wearing my hair with curls more, but it's just so much work! Any thoughts ladies? And any tips on how to get curls to hold in the mist/rain? 


5. This quote is so true, but can be so hard to do. Sometimes it seems like everything is going wrong for you, but going right for someone else. It's so easy to be envious or jealous of that person because they seem to have it all. Instead of being jealous of that person be happy for them. While it may not seem like the easiest thing to do in the moment, rooting for someone else's successes feels good. Besides, when you're celebrating a victory maybe they'll stand along and cheer for you. But always be good to be people even if they're not good to you. 

Have a terrific Thursday and a fantastic weekend!

What's your favorite way to workout?
What are you looking forward to the most about spring?

2 comments:

  1. Ok I love that quote! Definitely a concept I need for myself and as something I try to teach to my middle schooler.

    Right now my favorite workout is barbell complexes. Fast and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That quote about not envying other's blessings is AMAZING. Marveling at God's grace is so amazing, and being jealous of others only brings misery.

    And that is so cool you did that dog story. It's amazing how comforting animals can be.

    ReplyDelete