Thursday, July 12, 2018

Dogs Days of Summer: Thinking Out Loud #97

Happy Thursday! This week has flown by, maybe it's because it was only five days working instead of eight, but regardless I'm happy for the weekend. It's hotter than an oven outside currently, so I'm very happy typing in my air conditioned apartment. I never minded the heat in Michigan, but Nebraska heat takes it to another level. It really is insufferable with the heat and humidity. Maybe I'm overly fussy when it comes to the cold and heat (probably true). Anyway let's jump into this weeks thinking out loud.


1. My photographer/one of my best friends and I got stuck doing a live shot outside in the heat. Ironically the story was about the dangers of being outside in the heat. Thankfully, we were not outside for long but even in a matter of 15 minutes we were sweaty and ready to get back in the air conditioning inside the live truck. I'm also fairly certain my makeup was melting off my face as I was doing my live shot. Reporter problems🙈


2. One of the best parts of my jobs is getting to report on so many different stories and events happening around town. Dog yoga is always my favorite and when I get to go for work it's even better! 


3. I've gotten some questions about what being on TV is actually like and I'll be the first to say it's a ton of work. Reporting isn't about wearing pretty dresses and having nice makeup. First off, I have to buy all my own clothes and makeup. No one hands me money so I can make myself look presentable when I'm delivering the news. I do my own hair and makeup and by no means am an expert in either category. I shoot all my own video, edit it, write the story, get it up online, and get it on social media. Then when the show rolls around I front it, meaning I'll be in the newsroom, in studio, or in the field sharing the story. While it is a ton of work, with long hours, and very little pay it's the best job in the entire world. I get to meet the most amazing people and share stories that matter. To me that's incredibly rewarding. 


4. I am beyond blessed. My boyfriend leaves little notes for me to find and when I was going to make my grocery list I found this in the notebook I always use. I could brag on him forever because he is the most amazing man. I'm the luckiest girl in the world to have him💜


5. You were made for more than shallow love. You were made to be loved on good days, bad days, ugly cry days, and everything in between. Never settle. Guard your heart for everything you do flows from it. 

Have a terrific Thursday and a great weekend🎉🎉🎉

1. How do you show love to others?
2. What is your dream job?

No comments:

Post a Comment