Thursday, July 5, 2018

Puppy Kisses and Heat: Thinking Out Loud #96

Happy Thursday and belated 4th of July to my fellow Americans🇺🇸It's been a toasty week in the midwest and it's made me say what I never thought I would...I actually miss snow. Maybe not the snow and cold, but it's been in the 100's all week with equal parts humidity. It's miserable, especially when working outside all day. Anyway let's jump into this weeks thinking out loud!


1. This sweet girl never fails to make my day. She hasn't been outside a lot because of the extreme heat (which is a good thing), so I hadn't seen her in a few days. I walked out to my car to go to work the other morning and she came BOLTING to the fence. She was like a pogo stick, just so excited. Dogs really are the best. Her sweet kisses never fail to make my day and really how could you not love a face like that?! 


2. As a reporter I get to share some really awesome stories. In the past few months I've reported on numerous fires, a lot of them caused by cigarettes, but this fire was one started on purpose. I joked with my coworkers that it was just another day at the office watching stuff burn down. A local fire department purposely burned a house down. It was part of a training exercise for them and it was pretty awesome to be there. It was one of the hottest fires I had ever been to and even from a safe distance away I could feel the heat of the flames. Our first responders are so selfless rushing into burning buildings to save people. I have so much respect for them and the work they do because I know I could never run into a burning building, but they do it willingly. 


3. Like I said, it's been HOT here. Holy smokes. I've never experience heat like I have in Nebraska. Michigan is humid, but Nebraska takes it to another level. The humidity is so oppressive and 100 degrees feels like 2 million degrees. It's a sickening heat actually. Never in a million years did I think I would miss the snow or even cooler fall temps but I do. Then I see people outside running in this heat and I'm just like HOW?! I would pass out not even a quarter mile in. 


4. Despite the oppressive heat I have spent some time near the lake. There's a few lakes near Lincoln and it's nice to go out there and be by the water again. I do miss having a lake in my backyard like I did in Michigan, but this is still nice too. You can take me away from the lake, but I'll always be a lake girl at heart. The lake is my happy place. Now if only there was a place in Nebraska that rented paddleboards I would be in heaven. 


5. This quote💜 I shared it on my instagram stories earlier this week and got a ton of really positive feedback. I don't even have anything to comment on because it's so beautifully said. 

Have a terrific Thursday and a great weekend! Be safe if you go to any firework shows🎉🎉🎉

2 comments:

  1. It's crazy hot here too! Love your dog btw she looks so snuggly lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dog is adorable! I envy your reporting career - I went straight into B2B technology journalism and never got to report on day to day life stuff.

    ReplyDelete