Thursday, August 30, 2018

Running and Sticky Notes: Thinking Out Loud #103

Happy Thursday! Sorry for skipping last weeks thinking out loud, but I was just in need of a digital detox. I spend all day at work on social media and staring at screens so it was nice to take a break. I've also been in a bit of a rut with posting. I rarely cook anything worth sharing, free time isn't something I have a lot of, so I stick to the basics. It's easier that way with my job. Anyway I'll stop babbling now so let's jump into this weeks thinking out loud

1. This song is incredible. My boyfriend stumbled across it while he was watching one of his weightlifting videos (not sure what macho weight lifter would listen to this song), but it's so beautiful. It's instrumental and just a beautiful love song. I highly recommend checking it out! 

2. Running the past couple of months has been a struggle. I've cut back or flat out not done it several times. I think part of it has been from pure exhaustion (work and lupus fatigue), lacking motivation (I'm not afraid to admit it happens to me), and several other factors. Last Thursday I had a really solid run for the first time in a long time. When I was done I sat on the gym floor dripping and sweat smiling from ear to ear like a crazy lady. I wanted to scream FINALLY! Running has always been therapeutic for me so I missed it, but I also wanted to listen to my body which clearly needed a break. I'm not back to running like I was, that will take time and I'm going to listen to my body. If running sounds like a good idea then I'll happily hop on board, if not then I'll do other cardio. 

3. My boyfriend is so unbelievably amazing. We leave each other sticky notes to find all over each others apartments- he's far more creative at finding places to put than I am. I was on the phone with my dad and I opened the fridge to grab my water bottle and just started laughing. Right there on the middle shelf was a sticky note. He's also put one on the toilet that scared me half to death when I went to pee early in the morning. 

4. The humane society here has a snapchat where they post all their adorable animals to their story. My boyfriend and I have gone several times to play with dogs just because we saw them on snapchat. This cutie was posted yesterday and her expression just melted my heart😍the shelter said using snapchat to showcase animals has been a really effective way for them to get animals adopted. 

5.  There is so much still to come in life. Even during the hard moments in life think of all the joy there is still to be had. Don't give up. 
"Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me. Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me." Psalm 23:4

Have a terrific Thursday and an incredible weekend🎉🎉🎉

No comments:

Post a Comment