Thursday, September 6, 2018

Puppy Yawns and Waffles: Thinking Out loud #104

Happy Thursday! This week has felt long and fairly miserable thanks to allergies. Any fellow allergy sufferers out there🙋it's rained fours days in a row here in Nebraska and of course my number one allergy is mold so the rain hasn't helped that at all. On the bright side I'm off for four days now and get to head out on a mini road trip🚗 But before I head out let's jump into this weeks thinking out loud!


1. Yawning puppies, really does get any cuter than that? My boyfriend and I regularly go to the local humane society to look at dogs and of course play with them too. I'm not a little dog person, but these two baby chihuahuas were so stinking cute. They were all snuggled up when we walked by them, then they perked up and the front fella starting yawning. I can't help but be enamored by puppy yawns😍


2. I saw this running bumper sticker a few days ago and laughed. A normal marathon is 26.2 miles, so getting lost for an extra 1.7 miles is impressive...and a little sad. I told the guy at the running store about this while I was buying new shoes and he got a kick out of it too. I'd love to hear the story behind that one.


3. My boyfriend is beyond amazing. He would hate that I brag on him, but I've never met such a thoughtful, kind, and loving person. Every single day he does something to make sure I know I'm loved. This week has been rough so he slipped a note into my lunchbox, I found it at work and instantly smiled. I thank God every single day for him because he is the biggest blessing in my life. Since I know he reads this, I love you (and I will always brag on you!)💜


4. Peanut butter and bananas, it's a classic combo, but it's even better in waffle form. We've made them several times now when we're making breakfast for dinner. They're super easy to make, only require a few ingredients, and are ready in a jiffy- which is good when you're starving.


5. Sunday morning I was driving back from a super early morning shoot at work when I got stuck at the light right in front of the Nebraska state capitol. It was a quiet, very peaceful morning. There's almost always people milling around, but it was totally quiet for once so I knew I had to take a picture. It's also a really pretty building inside and out. There's so much history in it, it always takes me back.


6. I never thought this verse from Songs of Solomon would mean anything or be true for me. I tried to force relationships on my own for a long time and I can tell you they didn't work out on purpose. I was miserable in them and I was definitely not in love. But God is faithful and his plans work out in his perfect timing. When I was least expecting it he plopped my boyfriend into my life, who had been just a friend and made me see him in a different light. It's something I never expected and never imagined, but I wouldn't change it for the world. Six months ago if you would have told me I would be where I am right now I would have laughed in your face, but God works in ways I will never understand. I can only be incredibly grateful his ways are superior because my way was a disaster. You may not be able to see it now, but I promise you he has far greater things planned for you than you could even begin to imagine.


Have a terrific Thursday and a great weekend🎉🎉🎉

No comments:

Post a Comment