Thursday, October 11, 2018

What the Fork: Thinking Out Loud #108

Happy Thursday!! It's been a super busy week at work, but I'm very excited because not only is it my weekend I'm leaving on vacation🙌My brother is getting married over the weekend so we're flying out to California to spend a few days with them before and after the wedding. I'll be sharing pictures on my instagram so be sure to follow📸 Anyway, let's jump into this weeks thinking out loud


1. Have you ever seen such a big fork?! Yeah me either. I did a story with a group of local school who competed against each other in a "food fight" to see who could get the most food in one minute out of a super market. All the food goes to the local food bank and the winner gets this massive fork. Naturally I went on camera with the fork and had a blast laughing at myself with this hue fork. One of the stores employees pointed out the fork was almost as big as I was. I'm pretty sure that was a short person joke....and I'm not even short. 


2. I am most definitely not qualified to be a cat person. I watched one of my friends cats while she was gone over the weekend and he was so needy. He wanted to be petted constantly and I can't get over how gross a litter box is. He was cute, but I will definitely be sticking to my crazy dog lady ways.


3. I've got some new recipes to share with you guys! It's been so long since I've shared a recipe, but this one is a good one. It's a granola bar that's packed with tons of deliciousness- almonds, cranberries, chia seeds, and more😋The recipe will be coming your way soon!


4. A lot of kids can't have candy on Halloween because so many of them have food allergies or other reasons why they can't. This week I did a story with a woman who volunteers at a thrift store in town and instead of throwing out the toys the store doesn't sell she takes them, washes, mends, puts a bow on them, and then passes them out on Halloween. She was an incredible woman and I had a blast doing the story with her. It's so nice to see people going out of their way to include all kids in Halloween🎃


5. This💜You do belong, you're important, you're valued, and you're loved! Everyone goes through tough times, but that doesn't mean we no longer have a purpose. There is a reason you are on this planet. Sure everyday won't be great, but you are here and have a God who radically loves you. It blows my mind to even think about how he sees us. He sees us through a lens of love. The opinions of others do not affect how he sees you.

Have a terrific weekend and I'll be sharing some pictures from Cali starting tomorrow🎉🎉🎉

No comments:

Post a Comment