Thursday, March 14, 2019

Puppies, Fruit, and Birthdays: Thinking Out Loud #113

Good morning and happy Thursday!! We are officially 85 days out from the wedding! Everyone keeps asking me if I feel stressed and am freaking out about details and I'm really not. I know we have a lot that needs to be done, but Brent and I have been really laid back about the entire process. Never once have I stressed about something (minus a little when my dress wasn't going to come in until a month before the wedding and I need it altered). Aside from minor hiccups everything really has been smooth sailing. We're keeping it small and simple since neither of us want fancy and we've actually had fun picking stuff out. Anyway before I blabber on about wedding stuff let's jump into this weeks thinking out loud

1. Some days my job really sucks other days it's ok and some days I get to meet really amazing people who make an impact on my life. Last week I had one of those stories. I meet up with a family who's little girl has a rare disease called OTC deficiency. Basically her body can't process protein so if she eats more than a few grams of protein a day she can land in a coma or end up with brain damage or death. A few weeks prior I had done a different story with the mom and she was just incredible. The family was so sweet, so much fun, and made my job a blast. Two days after the story aired a box of warm cookies was delivered to the station for me from the family with the sweetest note. I don't do my job for gifts, I do it to help families like this, and I know I will always hold a special place in my heart for this family💗

2. This lupus flare seems never ending. It's toned down a lot, which I'm very thankful for, but there's certain things that are lingering and it's killing me. Like sleep. Sleep has been incredibly hard for me for years, but during this flare even more so. There's many nights I literally get zero sleep. I lay awake for hours exhausted but unable to sleep. I can't take melatonin and the million other sleep medicines that have been recommended or prescribed just don't work. It's beyond frustrating when all I want is some decent sleep. Most days I'll grab a can of Bubbl'r. It's sparkling water with natural caffeine. It tastes delicious and isn't packed with artificial ingredients or sugars. It's made a huge difference for me. (I'm not paid to say that I'm just a big fan of the product).

3. This week I met this adorable pup and I wanted to take her home. I was doing a story with a woman who lost her husband to cancer and her ring doorbell camera captured the FedEx man shoveling her porch to help her out. It was so sweet and the woman is beyond amazing. This little pup launched at me the second she opened the door and I was instantly smitten. She's a four month old mini Australian Shepard. She probably won't get bigger than 10 pounds and she was a snuggle bug. Of course I texted Brent that we needed a pup and I'm working to get him on board😬

4. My big brother is 30!! Technically his birthday was the end of last week, but last week was monstrous disaster with my bathroom exploding (it was a nasty mess that you don't want to know about, trust me, I didn't want to know about it either) so here we are almost a week late. It's all good though because a birthday is a birthday and it's not like we didn't celebrate with him from afar. His gift even arrived early :) so happy belated birthday brother, you're officially old🎉🎉🎉

5. The station photographer/my best friend/bridesman is seriously a life saver. I was STARVING yesterday- it was a busy day and even though I had lunch it just didn't cut it. I was going to wait until I got home to eat, which was like another two hours, but he picked me up a fruit tray from the local grocery store. Everything was so fresh and delicious I was in heaven😍

That's all for this week, I'm gonna go try and take a nap, but have a great day and a wonderful weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment