Thursday, June 6, 2019

Wedding Week & Bittersweet Goodbye: Thinking Out Loud #117

Happy Thursday! Holy smokes the wedding is only two days away, EEKK 🎉 🎊 We've been planning everything for so long and are so excited for the day to finally be here! My parents arrived in town last night, Brent's family gets in town today and tomorrow the festivities really begin. I'll be sharing photos and wedding fun on my instagram so be sure to follow along! Before I blabber too long about wedding stuff, let's jump into this weeks thinking out loud


1. We got the keys to our new apartment! We got the keys last Friday and celebrated by eating tacos on the floor and moving stuff in right away. This will be our first apartment together once we get married. Our weekend consisted of packing up two apartments, moving a zillion things, donating a bunch of things, and so many trips between apartments. I told the fiancé we are taking up minimalism because I cannot do this again when we move next 😂 

2. Speaking of moving, since the fiancé lived in a studio apartment and didn't have much we had to get a U-haul for the furniture in my apartment. Brent has never driven a U-Haul or even a trailer for that matter, but he insisted on driving the U-Haul. Five minutes of backing up (and some giggling) later we were finally out of the parking lot. A group of friends showed up at my apartment bright and early Saturday morning to help move furniture. Everything was pretty easy except for the couch...

3. If you follow me on instagram you saw the 800 pound couch saga play out on my story. My couch is amazing- I love it, it's so comfortable, but the only problem is it weighs a zillion pounds. My fiancé knows this so he invited a bunch of our friends to come help move the thing out of my apartment which was only up half a flight of stairs. It was heavy and getting out the doorway and down the stairs was tricky, but not impossible. WELP THAT CHANGED QUICKLY. Our new apartment is in a new building with tight stairwells and it's on the second floor. There's a sharp turn in the stairwell that made it dang near impossible to get the couch up. The couch got stuck. Yup, stuck. Then it got turned sideways, angled, and a lot of cussing later it was freed only to get stuck at the top of the stairwell😳This is where I yelled PIVOT (FRIENDS reference) and only one of our friends understood the reference🤦‍♀️ A few chunks of drywall might be missing from the stairwell but the couch was freed only to be put in backward in the apartment. I'm happy to say the couch is now facing the proper direction and won't be moved for at least a year. 

4. We were up bright and early Sunday morning since neither of us could sleep so we hit Target. $112 later we had cleaning supplies and food for the week so we got back to work unloading boxes and cleaning our old apartments. I'm not sure I've ever been so tired in my life. We were beat from moving, even Ginger was dead tired even though she spent Saturday with one of our friends to stay out of our way. Needless to say moving two apartments into one the week before our wedding wasn't our best idea but I'd much rather do it now than deal with it when we get back from our honeymoon. 

5. Bittersweet. It's been the word this week. We're so excited to fully start life together in a matter of days, but it's also been a week of goodbyes. We had a moment at my old apartment when everything was emptied out when we just stood there and hugged. While the apartment was outdated and ugly inside, it's also a special place for us. It's where Brent came to pick me up for our first date, it's a place we cooked together, laughed together, cried together, and it's the place he proposed to me. Closing the chapter on that apartment was emotional, but we're so ready to start life together in our place. T-2 days 🎉 

I'll probably be MIA next week and the week after as we will be on our honeymoon in Maui🏝I will be sharing photos on my instagram so follow along there. To all those who have sent love our way thank you! It means so much to me and we cannot wait to share wedding photos. Have a terrific weekend 🎉 

No comments:

Post a Comment