Thursday, July 11, 2019

WE'RE MARRIED! Thinking Out Loud: 118

Happy Thursday! I've been MIA for a few weeks because we got married on June 8th then we spent two weeks in Maui for our honeymoon and life has been a little crazy since we returned. I caught pneumonia on our return trip home, which I am on the third week of fighting (working with pneumonia is horrible), and we're still working on unpacking from our move which happened the week before our wedding. It's just been slightly chaotic but we're managing. I'll do separate posts about the wedding with all our vendors and one for our honeymoon in Maui with what to do, where to eat, things to avoid, etc. Anyway before I ramble anymore here is this week's thinking out loud.


1. We're married! Technically we've been married but I'm finally getting around to sharing it. Aside from our wedding being a tad too warm, but thankfully it was windy so it wasn't terrible, it was perfect! There were hiccups of course but genuinely I was not stressed for a single moment of it and we had so much fun. Many of our friends said they don't even remember most of their wedding which I didn't want to be the case for us, so we were very intentional about being present in the moment. We didn't do a first look so Brent's reaction was so special the first time we saw one another while I was walking down the aisle. I did do a first look with my dad, who I refused to show him my dress until our wedding day. He was crying and got me crying but it was such a special moment and one I'll never forget. I'll share more details and way more photos when I write up a wedding recap post. 


2. Monday marked one month of being married and Brent surprised me with flowers. I told him not to do anything but I've long since accepted that he's going to do what he's going to do. It was so incredibly sweet of him to do and totally unnecessary. I definitely hit the husband jackpot with him 💜 


3. We had several deserts at our wedding include these brownie shots. We had a bunch leftover so we wrapped them up and put them in the freezer. I've slowly been making a dent on them because they're super yummy. I don't like frosting so I scoop it out. Needless to say these were a big hit at our wedding. 


4. Our honeymoon in Maui was a dream. It was genuinely the first vacation I've ever been on that I felt totally relaxed. We spent our days exploring, playing in the ocean, or laying by the pool and reading. In eleven days I plowed through half a dozen books. It was amazing and so, so refreshing. Having been to the island over half a dozen times it was fun showing Brent some off the beaten path places that tourists don't go to. I got to experience a lot of it with new eyes because he had never been, which made it even more fun to take him to places I love. We're already talking about going back soon- especially to escape winter! 


5.  There were so many special things from our wedding I couldn't bear to part with. I wanted to save my bouquet but some of the flowers don't dry out well so I only saved a few of them and made a shadow box with special trinkets from our big day. The purple orchids are all from my bouquet and the roses are some extra flowers that we had and my matron of honor put a bouquet together with. Brent had tucked a special note in with my shoes which I found on our wedding day. My garter, bouquet charms of grandparents who are no longer living, our cake topper, a heart from our guest book, Brent's boutonnière, an invite and a photo strip of us from the photo booth we had were all included. I got this shadow box off Amazon and I've gotten a ton of compliments on it. I also bought some extra push pins to pin things down with. 


6. Finally, Ginger. She's still living her best life with us. She's been spoiled rotten with soft serve ice cream (in small amounts), trips to the dog park, and all the snuggles. She loves our new home and has made friends with nearly everyone she's met in the building. Ginger is a special one and while she drives us crazy we love her like crazy. If only she didn't shed so much...

I'll stop babbling now, but I will do a wedding and a honeymoon post soon. Have a wonderful Thursday and hang in there it's almost the weekend 🎉🎉🎉

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Loved seeing your posts on Maui on IG... hope you are all better now (since I'm sooo behind on blog reading!) and that married life is treating you well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thank you so much!! I'll probably be posting Maui photos forever because Maui>>>>Nebraska any day! Have a wonderful day and I hope you're staying cool in this heat!

      Delete