1. It's been a little warmer than normal here the past few days, but no complaints. I'll take heat over snow ANY day. I was on my way back from the gym when I saw this gorgeous sunrise. I'm a sucker for sunrises and sunsets. If I had any artistic ability I would pain them, since I don't I'll just stare in wonder at them.
2. Hands down my FAVORITE story this week. Granted the story was just about safety with holiday decorations so you don't burn your house down, but I got a full tour of the fire station, I got to climb inside all the different trucks, and I got to hangout with the guys. I had a blast with the guys, it was the nicest group of guys I have ever met. I really mean that, they were all so welcoming and so much fun to joke around with. I'm still working on getting them to let me slide down a fire pole, so fingers crossed😬
3. I also got to attend an event where students from a high school spent time decorating ornaments and making sugar cookies with seniors at a nursing home. It was so cool to see young people connecting with the elderly. I love hearing people's stories so to see other people enjoying that as well really warmed my heart, plus who doesn't have a soft spot for adorable elderly people?!
4. Any day I get to spend with puppies is a good day👌 these two puppies were brought all the way from the Virgin Islands as part of hurricane relief work. They were the sweetest dogs and I wanted to take them home with me. I do know they have a very good home here now so that makes me happy.
5. Tabio socks arrived! I'm so pumped to test these out! These are supposed to be top of the line for support while running so I'm very curious to try them out. Just putting them on and walking around I could feel the arch support so I'm curious to see how it's going to feel while running. I'll do a full review and have that up next week.
6. Is anyone else mildly stressing over Christmas? I'm basically done except I haven't actually mailed anything out yet, which is kind of stressing me out especially now that I'm seeing shipping delays for some things. I'm going to try to get everything shipped out today so fingers crossed everything arrives before Christmas.
7. I love this quote because at least for me my favorite place immediately pops in my head. Hawaii is that place for me when I'm just in awe of creation because you're surrounded by nothing but beauty no matter where you look. The majesty of creations makes you take a step back and you realize just how small you are in comparison to the world.
Have a great Thursday and a terrific weekend! The countdown to Christmas is on🎉🎉🎉
Do you have a place that always takes you back, if so where?
What are you looking forward to the most about Christmas?