Monday, September 16, 2013

Guilt Free Pizza!!

Who doesn't love a good pizza?! I have to admit I love a good pizza, but most pizza's are a calorie loaded nightmare. The fat content, not to mention the horrid fake ingredients used, is enough to make my arteries hurt just thinking about it. I do love pizza, but not just any pizza. Vegetarian pizza is my favorite, and the best part is it's totally guilt free!! 

The vegetarian pizza I make is super quick and easy to make, and you probably have most of the ingredients already in your kitchen!! For my vegetarian pizza you will need: 

  • one or two organic portobello mushrooms hollowed out (I like to make two because I can heat one up the next day for lunch)
  • 1/4 cup kale or spinach (I prefer earthbound organic)
  • left over stir fry, pick out the chicken (I told you I love using my left overs) 
  • If you don't have left over stir fry cut up 1/3 a cup of mixed veggies for each portobello mushroom. I prefer a mixture of red, yellow, and orange sweet peppers, with green pepper, broccoli, and onion. I like to sauté the veggies before I put them on the mushroom, it just gives them added flavor but you don't have to. 
  • and a pinch of all natural mozzarella cheese, it is best to grade it yourself there are less chemicals in the cheese then. (OPTIONAL) 
Be sure to scrub the portobello mushrooms well before scooping out the underside and filling them with veggies. You want to be sure you are not ingesting any residual pesticides, even if they are organic! 


Portobello mushrooms are the giant mushrooms
 you have probably seen at the grocery store.

Once you have scrubbed your mushroom and scooped out the underside lay the kale or spinach down just like you would with pizza sauce on a regular pizza. 


Always look for the USDA organic label. Also look for sales! 
Often my local grocery store has earthbound products 
on sale for 2/$4 or half off. Can't beat a good sale!



After laying down the spinach or kale next scoop out your veggies or left over stir fry on top of the spinach you just laid down. You can also top with a pinch of cheese if you choose.




Now your vegetarian mushroom pizza is all ready to be cooked! Bake it at 400 for twenty minutes. Once it is cooked allow it to cool for a few minutes before serving and eating. While my pizza is cooking I like to cook green beans to go with it. When the pizza is done and my green beans are all ready I serve it up and dig in!!

This is making me hungry just looking at it!!

Totally delicious and it won't brake your 
calorie bank, or your wallet!

I love to top my green beans with a tablespoon of slivered almonds. 
Almonds are a wonderful source of protein which help keep you 
full longer, plus they are totally delicious!

I hope you enjoy your healthy vegetarian mushroom pizza!! If you have any favorite foods that you have made a healthy version of I'd love for you to share so I can try it out!! Have a wonderful and healthy night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment