Sunday, September 8, 2013

Leftovers Galore!!

I am delayed in getting this up because my darn college classes have give me way too much homework (anyone else miss summer?!). I got to go home for Labor Day weekend (sadly the college I go to starts before Labor Day so we got a Holiday weekend) and enjoy my mom's delicious cooking but the best part about going back to school is she always sends me with leftovers! 

I love leftovers because there are so many different ways to use them. One of the things my mom sent me back with was baked ham. I am by no means a huge ham lover but once in awhile I will eat it. I heated the ham up in the oven (350 for ten minutes in the oven and be sure to put it in a pan with a little bit of water so it does not dry up) and then cut it up and topped my salad off with ham. 

This was the yummy salad I made.

For my salad I used 2 cups of Dole Organic Mediterranean blend lettuce, three baby sweet peppers (one red, one yellow, and one orange) cut into small pieces, two slices of tomato, and 1/4 cup of broccoli. On the side I had three chunks of cauliflower and one tablespoon of Marzetti light ranch. 

Totally delicious salad! Yay for leftovers!

I got my fill of veggies, but I was sure to include my fruit too!! I had my favorite (and totally healthy) fruit treat that perfectly complimented my salad. I sliced up half of a large banana, mixed one scoop of PB2 together, and put the PB2 on top of my banana slices. Seriously it is so delicious!! You have to try it!!

Bananas and PB2, a match made in heaven!

Have a great rest of your night and I hope you try banana topped with PB2 if you haven't already, I promise you won't be disappointed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment