Monday, September 16, 2013

Stir Fry Fun!!

Stir fry is one of my favorite dinners and it is super easy to make. Besides, being easy I love stir fry because I love that I can make a big batch of it and then heat it up throughout the week or use it in different ways in various recipes. I made my stir fry a few nights ago and class (and homework) have been keeping me busy so I haven't had time to blog like I would like, so I apologize for being delayed in posting this! 

I love having TONS of veggies in my stir fry. For this stir fry I used red, yellow, and orange sweet peppers, some green pepper, 1/4 of a small onion, three small baby carrots, three slices of sliced tomato, and a little bit of cut up broccoli. The more color and variety among your veggies, the better for you!! I like to cut up all my veggies before I start cooking anything so when I do have the pan all heated up everything is all ready to be thrown in. 


All of the yummy veggies in the pan ready to be sautéed!  


If you cover the veggies as they sauté and stir 
occasionally the veggies will cook faster.

I also had cooked a chicken breast and cut it up into small pieces to throw into my stir fry once I had sautéed the vegetables. I also cooked one cup of brown rice before hand as well. I find that cooking the chicken and rice before sautéing the veggies is easiest and saves me some time. Once the veggies are starting to brown I quickly add the already cooked chicken and rice, and a little all natural teriyaki (low sodium) sauce to give it a delicious flavor! 


Allow everything to brown together for a few minutes and so the flavor 
will be spread throughout the delicious mixture.

I let the rice, veggies, and chicken, sauté together for an additional four to five minutes and then I scoop out 3/4 a cup and enjoy!! A side of green beans with slivered almonds and mixed berries goes excellently with stir fry. Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment