Sunday, December 1, 2013

Thanksgiving Leftovers and Back to College


Happy December! I wanted to do a quick update before the week begins and things get crazy. This is the last week of regular classes before final exams so this week is going to consist of a LOT of studying.

This morning I drove back to school, I miss my puppy already! Luckily, I only have to survive for a week and a half without my pup then my finals will be over and I can go home for break. I can't wait! I also can't wait to go home and pick out a Christmas tree and decorate it. Decorating the tree with the family while listening to Christmas music are two of my favorite parts about the holidays, and of course all the baking! Be sure to check out my Christmas Puppy Chow recipe, it makes a great gift!

My mom gave me some turkey leftovers from Thanksgiving and I had that for dinner tonight. I poured organic low sodium chicken broth over the turkey, to keep it moist, covered it with tinfoil which prevents the turkey from drying out also, and put it in the oven at 400 degrees for 17 minutes. With my turkey I steamed a cup and a half of broccoli. I also had five ounces of pomegranate seeds and a cup of milk.

That is all for me tonight, but be sure to check back tomorrow night for this weeks crockpot recipe, it's a good one! Have a good night and a great start to your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment