Sunday, December 15, 2013

S'mores Brownies


I apologize for not posting anything recently. Since moving home from college for break I have been struggling with migraines making daily tasks extremely difficult. I do have some awesome recipes to share with you that I just have to write up and post.

Anyways, I was looking back through pictures from over the summer with a friend and I found a picture of the s'mores brownies I made for a bonfire with my friends. Upon finding this my friend asked me to post my recipe so I said I would. My friends raved about them for days and begged me to make them for our next bonfire. I whipped these up because I knew how much my friends loved s'mores and brownies so why not combine the two? I promise whether it is for a bonfire or for warming up around a fireplace you cannot go wrong make these this holiday season, they are a guaranteed hit!

You will need:

For the Brownie
You can use a box brownie mix but I prefer to make everything homemade
  • 1/2 cup or 1 stick unsalted butter
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 4 eggs
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips 
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 3/4 cup white sugar
  • 1 cup flour
  • pinch of salt
For the s'mores part
  • 1 1/2 cups mini marshmellows
  • King sized Hersey's Bar (1.5 ounces) chopped into chunks
  • 6 graham crackers broken into pieces

Spray a 9x13 pan with nonstick cook spray and preheat the oven to 350 degrees, or follow the instructions on the brownie box mix for temperature. 

In a large mixing bowl combine all brownie ingredients until batter forms. 

In a separate bowl mix together broken graham crackers, chopped Hersey's bar, and mini marshmellows. Set aside.

Pour brownie batter into greased pan and bake at 350 for 15 minutes. The brownies should still be a gooey mess. Take out and sprinkle s'mores mixture evenly over batter. 

Place back in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. To check if brownies are cooked insert a toothpick into the brownies, avoid bites of Hersey bar, if it comes out clean they are done. If the toothpick does not come out clean bake for another 3 minutes and check again. The edges should be a darker brown and look crispy when the brownies are done. 

Once brownies are done baking allow them to completely cool before cutting and serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment