I knew there had to be a better way to make a green smoothie, and make it taste good. I started experimenting and I finally figured out a recipe I like, and I promise it actually tastes good.
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup frozen or fresh strawberries
- 2 cups green power blend or a mix of kale and spinach
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- OPTIONAL: 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- OPTIONAL: 1/2 small red apple
Combine all ingredients in blender.
Blend on low for one minute, then switch to medium. Blend until all ingredients are completely liquefied.
Drink and enjoy!
*The secret to making a sweet tasting green smoothie is to use sweet fruits. Berries of all kinds, and apples will make a green smoothie sweet and pleasant tasting.