Sunday, February 9, 2014

Anatomy of a Green Smoothie- That Actually Tastes Good!


Sometimes it's hard to eat all the servings of vegetables you need in a day, which is exactly why I started making green smoothies. A friend of mine gave me a recipe to try, so I made my first green smoothie, and it tasted awful. My dad called it the garbage disposal smoothie, because that's what it looked like. 

I knew there had to be a better way to make a green smoothie, and make it taste good. I started experimenting and I finally figured out a recipe I like, and I promise it actually tastes good.

You will need:
  • 1 1/2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • 1 frozen banana
  • 1 cup frozen or fresh strawberries
  • 2 cups green power blend or a mix of kale and spinach
  • 1 tablespoon chia seeds
  • OPTIONAL: 1 tablespoon coconut oil 
  • OPTIONAL: 1/2 small red apple
Combine all ingredients in blender. 

Blend on low for one minute, then switch to medium. Blend until all ingredients are completely liquefied. 

Drink and enjoy!

*The secret to making a sweet tasting green smoothie is to use sweet fruits. Berries of all kinds, and apples will make a green smoothie sweet and pleasant tasting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment