Saturday, February 22, 2014

Winter Blues

I know I have been slacking on the blog, but I can't seem to find time to do anything between exams, papers, and all class projects I have going. I am so ready for spring break! 

I woke up at 4:30 this morning, which is way too early even for me. I managed to get a lot done this morning though. I did an extra long workout this morning, because when you're up at 4:30 why not? I combined my weekday workouts into one long workout of cardio, strength training and abs work. Even though I was up way too early it felt good to get my muscles moving and work off some of the previous days steam. 

After a quick shower I whipped up a quick batch of granola to munch on while I studied. I would rather make my own snacks than buy store brand snacks that are filled with chemicals and fake ingredients. I threw in some dried mango and pineapple as well as banana chips and it's actually really good in granola! 


While the granola was in the oven I started on my homework pile, which somehow seems to keep growing (another reason I need spring break!)

Despite a hard workout this morning and lots of brain work I was not overly hungry for lunch. But I knew I needed to give my body fuel though so I made a pretty basic lunch. I smeared two tablespoons of all natural peanut butter on whole grain bread and topped it off with some banana slices. Along with it I had a bundle of grapes, 1/4 of blackberries, and 1/2 of vanilla Greek yogurt topped with a few granola clusters. Do not knock it until you try it because it was delicious!

After meeting up with a friend to work on a project in the late afternoon I whipped up a tasty salmon dinner, which I will hopefully have time to post the recipe for soon. 

I promise I do have a crockpot recipe for Monday for you, and it is one I am really excited to share with you! 

Enjoy the rest of your weekend and check back soon for new recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment