Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Almond Butter and Edible Arrangements

Wow these past few days have been busy! I've been helping my dad paint the living room and I rediscovered my hatred for home improvement. I don't think anything brings out emotion like home improvement, thank goodness that's over.

Yesterday morning I had a doctor appointment and I had to run to Kroger afterward to drop off a prescription. That's always a good excuse to browse their gluten free aisle in my books! Hard to believe, but I've never had almond butter before. I know some people who rave about how good almond butter is, so I found a single serving sample packet of almond butter and gave it a try. It was totally delicious! I spread it on flavored rice cakes and had it with my lunch.
So this morning when I had to run back to pick up the filled prescription I bought a jar of organic all natural almond butter.

Last night was another crazy night in the house. My mom is having foot surgery today, so I've been running around trying to do nine million things for her. I was exhausted by dinner time and did not feel like making anything elaborate. I kept it pretty basic with a salad.

In the salad is:
  • 2 cups baby spinach
  • 1/3 cup iceberg lettuce
  • 1.5 cups fajita chicken
  • 1 hard boiled egg, sliced
  • 1/4 cup avocado 
  • 2/3 cup bell peppers- red, orange, and green
  • 4 cherry tomatoes
  • 1 tablespoon chia seeds
  • 1 tablespoon unsalted sunflower seeds
  • 1 tablespoon dried tart cherries

For an after dinner treat I had some strawberries, red grapes, and chocolate covered granny smith apple slices from an edible arrangement bouquet. I'd never had granny smith apple slices covered in chocolate before, but I was pleasantly surprised. It is a bit different, but still delicious. 

Hang in there, it's halfway to the weekend! Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment