Happy Crockpot Monday! I am back in action with another crockpot meal for you. Finals week is a perfect week to use the crockpot. Heating up food is much easier than fretting over trying to make something.
I kept this weeks meal very basic. There is only a few ingredients and I already had everything on hand and it only took a minute to throw it all together.
You will need:
- pack of chicken breasts- I used chicken tenderloins (If you use frozen chicken breasts the cook time does not change and you don't have the thaw the chicken before putting it in crockpot)
- 1/2 cup gluten free teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 cup gluten free soy sauce
- 1/2 cup organic low sodium chicken broth
- OPTIONAL: 1 tablespoon, or 1 clove, minced garlic
- OPTIONAL: 1/4 cup brown sugar, loosely packed- with or without it the meal is delicious
In a large bowl stir together teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, chicken broth, garlic, and brown sugar, if you're including those.
Once all ingredients are combined pour mixture over chicken. Make sure all chicken breasts are evenly coated. If needed use a fork to flip chicken over to get both sides coated.