Sunday, April 27, 2014

Delayed Easter, Running, and Food

What a weekend it's been! Phew, so many recipes to post from this weekend. I gotta get cracking this week to get them all up for you, good thing the semester is over!

First up, on Saturday my mom made a delayed Easter dinner for me since I wasn't able to be home on Easter. Most people I know have ham for Easter, but our Easter wasn't a traditional dinner, mostly because I am not a big fan of ham. I forgot to take pictures of the food- sorry! My mom made roasted turkey breast, red potatoes, a veggies plate with an assortment of bell peppers, cucumber, and carrots, and I made roasted asparagus (click for the recipe). 

I had decorated Easter eggs on Friday and they turned out pretty ok I thought. One of the tips I thought I'd pass along is instead of trying to punch out the holes on the back of the egg dying kit use a muffin pan and toss paper liners in them. Instead set a wet egg in the muffin pan and it will dry way faster and the paper lines make clean up a breeze (AKA- It's mom approved!).

Today I finally got back to pounding the pavement and went for a three mile run. I have to get back in the groove training for the upcoming 10k. I was lazy and took two days off working out after moving back home, but I felt sluggish without working out. It felt great to be out running again. I also did something I haven't done before, I went running without headphones. It was so peaceful to not think about anything other than pushing forward and enjoying the moment.

After running I don't like to eat right away. Instead I showered, helped me dad around the house, and then whipped up a big bowl of oatmeal. I used:

-3/4 cup gluten free oats 
-1/2 cup light and fit vanilla greek yogurt
-a kiwi 
-a few sliced strawberries 
-1/2 sliced banana
-handful of blueberries. 

I love loading up my oatmeal with fruit. It makes the oatmeal delicious and satisfies my sweet tooth.

My mom went and had dinner with a group from our church, so I made my dad tropical chicken skewers with roasted vegetables. I will post that recipe tomorrow. For dessert I made a healthy chocolate milkshake, I will post that later too.

Phew, that was a LOT. I didn't want to make the post a mile long, so I will post the other recipes tomorrow. Enjoy the last few hours of the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment