Saturday, November 8, 2014

Peanut Butter Banana Waffles


I am so excited to be blogging! These past two weeks have been utterly crazy with projects, exams, papers and presentations but that is all turned in now and I have a moment to catch my breath. I have missed cooking and baking these past two weeks and I am looking forward to cooking up a storm this weekend. I also have a really, really exciting project I cannot wait to share with you so stay tuned! 

After a day of hanging out with friends today and checking out a local health food store I was pooped. I came back to my apartment and just chilled out. I had kind of forgotten how it felt to literally do nothing. I knew I wanted to make something yummy for dinner and breakfast sounded good. Anyone who knows me knows peanut butter and banana in any combo is my favorite, so I made it in waffle form and it did not disappoint. Plus I am happy to report these delicious waffles are completely dairy free and gluten free without any crazy or expensive ingredients! They can be made using whole wheat flour and are just as delicious.

Peanut Butter Banana Waffles
  • 1 cup GF all purpose flour or whole wheat flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 tablespoon organic ground flax
  • 1 banana, mashed
  • 1/4 cup all natural peanut butter, or nut butter of choice
  • 1 1/4 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • 1 tablespoon organic honey
  • 1 tablespoon coconut oil

In a mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder and ground flax.

After dry ingredients are combine add in all wet ingredients and stir. It will take some arm muscle to mix peanut butter in with other ingredients. You can use an electric mixer if you choose. 

Spray waffle maker with non stick cook spray or coconut oil. 

Once waffle maker is heated up scoop a few large spoonfuls onto waffle maker.

Allow waffle to cook until the center and edges turn light brown.

Depending on how large you make the waffles you can get 3 jumbo waffles or 6 normal size waffles. 

Nutrition per waffle (based on 6 waffles):
Calories: 190 
Fat: 9 grams
Carbs: 24 grams
Sodium: 151 mg
Fiber: 4 grams
Sugar: 6 grams
Protein: 6 grams



No comments:

Post a Comment