Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Weekend Recap

It's a complete blizzard outside and classes were cancelled today. I won't complain about classes being cancelled, but the weather leaves much to be desired in my opinion! At least it has given me time to write up some old posts and I wanted to do a weekend recap plus share some exciting news!


I have been so excited to share this with all of you awesome readers! Chase Infinite is a clothing company that designs workout shirts and tank tops for both men and women. I have long been a fan of their cute clothes, but I also love what they stand for as a company. $1 from every shirt sold is donated to charity. They are also very big into empowering women, which is a cause I am extremely passionate about. They recently reached out to me and I could not have been more excited. 

I have teamed up with Chase Infinite and am excited to offer 30% off their tank tops to all of my awesome readers! Simply use code "303030" at checkout for the discount. Go and check out their awesome fitness gear and help support an amazing company! If you make a purchase post a picture on instagram and tag Chase Infinite and me, I want to see you empowered!


I got an awesome deal on bananas this weekend. Meijer had bananas for 38 cents a pound, normally they're 54 or even 59 cents a pound, so you better believe I stocked up! That isn't even all the bananas I bought, people thought I was crazy, but I do not pass up a good deal!


Have you ever had avocado and egg on gf toast? It's seriously the best! I am completely addicted. It is also really good if you put 1/2 tablespoon jif whips maple brown sugar on the toast and then the avocado and scrambled egg. I know it sounds strange, but the flavors work perfectly together. 


With my avocado egg toast I had a big bowl of yumminess. It is made up of 1/3 cup light and fit vanilla greek yogurt, 5 blackberries, 5 raspberries, 1 tablespoon Barbra's GF puffins, 1/2 tablespoon organic ground flax meal, 1 teaspoon pepitas, 1 teaspoon sunflower seeds, 1 teaspoon chocolate chips and 1/2 teaspoon yogurt covered raisins. I had kicked butt earlier at the gym so I deserved this treat.


Saturday I just hung around my apartment and worked on homework. Super exciting I know. It was one of those days where I literally did not feel like cooking so I threw together my go to salad. I call it "I don't want to cook so throw all the leftovers in the fridge in a bowl." Maybe a snappier title is needed? I literally do throw all my leftovers in to a salad of sorts. 

This was made up of of 2 cups organic romaine lettuce, 2 tablespoons sliced avocado, a small handful of fresh raspberries, 2 thin slices oven roasted turkey breast and about 1/3 cup leftover steam vegetables and potato chunks- the steamed veggies were made up of zucchini, red and yellow bell pepper and onion. It may not be the prettiest salad, but it tasted good and involved no effort.


On Sunday in the midst of a blizzard my awesome parents braved the weather and drove up to school for my induction into ODK. ODK, omicron delta kappa, is the National Leadership Honor Society. I was nominated by a professor to be a member and was honored to be nominated. I was really excited to see my parents and spend a few hours with them. I'm definitely looking forward to going home for Thanksgiving and seeing my puppy!

Bundle up and stay warm and safe out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment