Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Can't Stop Won't Stop


Do you ever get obsessed with something and want to have it for every meal? Normally I like variety in what I eat, but recently I have been on a salad kick. Strange, yes because most people I know crave sweets, but I crave vegetables. What can I say? I like my veggies.

I have consumed so many salads in the past few weeks that I wouldn't be surprised if I turned into a salad! Part of the reason is I'm lazy and they are incredibly easy to make. I have been suffering from major insomnia recently (thanks lupus!) and salads require so little effort to make- aka I walk to my fridge throw a little bit of everything into a bowl and BAM lunch or dinner. The other part is they're just so dang good! 

For awhile I was stuck on turkey breast salads, now it's literally whatever is in my fridge. The last time I went home my mom made her delicious roasted turkey breast. I got to take leftovers back to school. I had enough meat for a weeks worth of salads! The above salad has 2 cups organic romaine lettuce, 3 cherry tomatoes sliced, 2 small sweet peppers diced, 1/8 heaping cup avocado chunks, 2 teaspoons roasted pepitas, 1 teaspoon low sugar dried cranberries, 2 teaspoons crumbled feta cheese and leftover shredded turkey breast. IT WAS SO GOOD! 


Besides being strangely obsessed with salad I got the best surprise last week! Anyone who knows me knows I LOVE SURPRISES. I love being surprised and I love surprising people, it's just so exciting! Anyway, there was a knock on the door and I knew it couldn't be for me because I wasn't expecting anything, but sure enough there was the UPS man with a big box for me! I was so excited, it was like Christmas! I eagerly ripped open the box to find the sweetest surprise- a box full of delicious granola from San Franola Granola!



I was so touched by their sweet gesture and of course one cannot receive food without sampling it! As always it was on par and full of nutty goodness- literally it is so addicting I cannot stop eating it! I was so excited they gave me single serving packets too. I have an upcoming trip and had just been telling my brother I didn't know what kind of snack I was going to pack because so little food can get through TSA. Now I have the perfect solution! If I was forced to pick I'd probably say the California raisin or the cinnamon almond are my favorite, but they are all equally yummy!

If you're not familiar with San Franola Granola you need to check them out! Their granola is high in protein- 10 grams per serving!, high fiber, low sugar, grain free and non GMO. I've yet to find a granola that tops San Franola Granola. There are no strange and hard to pronounce ingredients so you can be sure you're fueling your body with the best!


I made a yummy parfait later on to munch on while studying and of course had to include granola! It's 1/2 cup Dannon light and fit vanilla greek yogurt, 1/4 cup fresh blueberries, 1 peeled and sliced kiwi and a small handful of San Franola toasted chia granola. It was the BOMB! Perfect combo of sweet and crunchy, but still totally healthy!

What is your favorite way to eat granola?

No comments:

Post a Comment