Friday, January 16, 2015

Mediterranean Salad


I apologize for being MIA this week. Classes have kept me busy, I have been working an internship and I have been sicker than a dog. I have a back log of homework, emails and recipes to work on. I appreciate you guys being so patient in the mean time. 

I eat a lot of salads and I love experimenting with different combinations. This is one of my favorite salads to make. Normally I would add in grilled or baked chicken, but I didn't have any so for added protein I added in a hard boiled egg. You could substitute grilled or baked chicken or salmon. Olives would be really good thrown in too. 

Mediterranean Salad
  • 2 cups organic spring mix lettuce
  • 4 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
  • 1/8 heaping cup avocado chunks
  • 2 teaspoons feta cheese 
  • 2 teaspoons low sugar dried cranberries 
  • 1 purple onion sliced, I sliced from top to bottom
  • 1 hard boiled egg

This salad is also really easy to pack in tupperware for the days when I eat out of tupperware on campus. Normally I pair the salad with an apple or a few clementine tangerines. 


No comments:

Post a Comment