I apologize for being MIA this week. Classes have kept me busy, I have been working an internship and I have been sicker than a dog. I have a back log of homework, emails and recipes to work on. I appreciate you guys being so patient in the mean time.
I eat a lot of salads and I love experimenting with different combinations. This is one of my favorite salads to make. Normally I would add in grilled or baked chicken, but I didn't have any so for added protein I added in a hard boiled egg. You could substitute grilled or baked chicken or salmon. Olives would be really good thrown in too.
- 2 cups organic spring mix lettuce
- 4 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/8 heaping cup avocado chunks
- 2 teaspoons feta cheese
- 2 teaspoons low sugar dried cranberries
- 1 purple onion sliced, I sliced from top to bottom
- 1 hard boiled egg