Friday, January 9, 2015

Vanilla Espresso Overnight Oats


I FINALLY GOT MY HANDS ON IT!! I'm talking about Wild Friends Vanilla Espresso Almond Butter aka the best almond butter EVER! I could not find it anywhere so I gave in and ordered it online. It's a decision I do not regret at all. I went through the first jar in a week flat, whoops haha.


An empty jar automatically equates overnight oats in my books. These overnight oats were spot on! I was worried about the flavor when I was making it because I was literally going out on a limb, but it turned out so yummy! I am NOT a coffee lover by any means, tastes like dirt, so I was surprised I liked these oats. Maybe the pair of almond butter, vanilla and coffee are a match made in nutty heaven ;)

Vanilla Espresso Overnight Oats
  • 1 mostly empty vanilla espresso almond butter jar, I had a little less than a tablespoon left
  • 1/2 cup GF oats, rolled, steel cut or old fashioned all work
  • 3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • 1/2 tablespoon instant decaffeinated coffee
  • drop of vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup fresh (or frozen) blueberries

Place the oats, almond milk, coffee and vanilla extract in the almond butter jar. 

Close and seal the lid and shake until all ingredients are combined. You can add blueberries in before shaking or in the morning it really does not matter. If you ad frozen blueberries in before shaking your oats will come out blue- they still taste delicious though!

Refrigerate overnight to all flavors to soak up.

Overnight oats make a great healthy grab and go breakfast! And really if you have not tried vanilla espresso almond butter from Wild Friends you are missing out! I ordered a whole pack :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment