Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Apple Chip Salad

When did my life get so crazy? I feel like face planting into my bed and staying there for the next week or so. I am slightly OCD and normally everything in the apartment is very neat and organized. Right now it looks like a bomb exploded. I'm half tempted to tell the landlord to bring in a bulldozer when I am at class, except I don't think the neighbors would appreciate that. 

There are piles of textbooks, notebooks, papers and lists everywhere. The apartment seriously needs a good scrubbing, but life has been so crazy I just haven't had time. Not to mention the back log of posts I have is rather extensive. The ability to pause time would be seriously amazing right now. I'll get off my soapbox now though.


Awhile back I shared a recipe for one of my favorite snacks, cinnamon apple chips. Apple chips are a good anytime snack in my opinion, but I love using them as salad toppers. Confession: the last batch of apple chips I made lasted less than 3 hours. Whoops. In that three hours this salad was made and quickly devoured. 


The salad is made of 2 cups organic baby lettuce, 1/2 vine ripe tomato cut into chunks, 1/8 cup avocado chunks, 1 hard boiled egg, 1/2 tablespoon crumbled feta cheese, 1/2 tablespoon organic dried cranberries, heaping 1/2 tablespoon coarsely chopped walnuts and 3 cinnamon apple chips. There may have been four, but in the process of assembling the salad one (or ten) may have been eaten... 

I do not like salad dressing so I did not use any. The natural sweetness of the apple chips was enough for me and I thought was a perfect addition to the salad. I am all stocked up on apples and will be making more apple chips this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment