Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Cinnamon Flax Scramble


Breakfast is beyond a doubt my favorite meal of the day. I just love breakfast food and I love experimenting to make new breakfast foods. 

Recently I have gotten into making healthy omelets. I posted a picture of this omelet awhile ago, but I hadn't yet posted the recipe so I wanted to get it up. It is delicious and topped with warm nut butter it is pure perfection! 

Cinnamon Flax Scramble
  • 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
  • 1 heaping teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/2 small banana, mashed
  • 3 tablespoons egg whites
  • 1 teaspoon honey or sweetener of choice
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Spray a skillet with nonstick cook spray and heat to medium-low setting.

While skillet is heating in a bowl combine mashed banana, cinnamon, flax seed, honey, vanilla and egg whites. Stir until everything is well combined and not overly lumpy.

When the skillet is heated pour prepared mixture into pan. 

Cook the mixture like you would an omelette. You can flip it or stir it, but either way cook until the mixture is no longer runny. It should be lighter brown in color. 

When done place on a plate and scrambled it up with a fork or spoon.

I topped mine with the other half of the banana, a small handful of blueberries (around 1/8 cup) and 1 tablespoon of Wild Friends vanilla espresso almond butter. I wanted the almond butter to be warm and slightly melted so I heated it up for 30 seconds and drizzled it on top. Any nut butter or fruit would be delicious on top.

Nutrition (without toppings, single serving):
MACROS: 26C/0F/6P
Nutrition Facts
Servings 1.0
Amount Per Serving
calories 126
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 0 g1 %
Saturated Fat 0 g0 %
Monounsaturated Fat 0 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg0 %
Sodium 79 mg3 %
Potassium 309 mg9 %
Total Carbohydrate 26 g9 %
Dietary Fiber 6 g25 %
Sugars 13 g
Protein 6 g12 %
Vitamin A1 %
Vitamin C11 %
Calcium12 %
Iron16 %



No comments:

Post a Comment