Thursday, February 26, 2015

Dragon's Teeth Hike and a Whale Show

No matter how many times I come to Maui I fall more and more in love with it. I am an outdoors person. I love being outside, I love exploring and in Hawaii outdoor adventures abound! I literally don't think I could ever tire or be bored with this place. I was looking last night at jobs available on the islands. I still have a year of college, but it is something I am seriously considering (call me crazy I know). 


The other day I convinced my dad to go to Dragon's Teeth with me. It's a lava formation that looks like teeth because it's all jagged and pointy. It is really beautiful, but ridiculously hard to find because it's between the Ritz Carlton (which by the way is beautiful!) and residential homes. On a detour we ended up on the beach by the Ritz Carlton- seriously one of the most beautiful beaches and we had it to ourselves! I could stare at the beautiful ocean forever.


If you decide to go to Dragon's Teeth be prepared for a hike. I was a dummy and left my water bottle in the car (and my good shoes) because the map didn't say how long the trail was. The hike can be challenging at times because the path is so narrow and rocky. Beyond a doubt it is all worth it. I have hundreds of pictures from the hike because no matter which way you turned the view is breathtaking!


Call me nerdy but the lava formations fascinated me! It's so crazy to think all of Hawaii, much of which is lush green and beautiful beaches, was created by a volcano. It blows my mind!


Then while my mom and I were eating lunch a humpback whale and her calf were jumping. They put on a heck of a show that lasted upwards of 10 minutes! Whales are such beautiful creatures and so majestic to watch. 

I have a ton more adventures and whale pictures, but I will try not to overwhelm you with a zillion photos. Yesterday I checked out Iao Valley and I hope to post that adventure soon and I had the BEST acai bowl EVER! Please let me know if you have any suggestions of awesome places to explore or eat on Maui, I'd love know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment