Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Island Life

I am going to have a billion posts to write up when I get back, but I want to try to get some up while I am here. Maui is so beyond beautiful. Every day is a perfect day. Island life is so different from normal hectic life- it's definitely something I could very easily get used to. 


The warm weather is definitely helping my lupus pains. I have had almost no pain and it has been wonderful! My morning workouts have been even more glorious and I have been adding an additional walk to my normal weight lifting and cardio routine. This beautiful beach is at the end of one of the paths I like to walk. I don't think I could ever tire of views like this! 


I am not a snacker at all, but the other day I was really hungry in the middle of the afternoon. I have been a lot more active here because I am always swimming in the ocean or the pool, going on hikes and walking everywhere. Normally I would wait until dinner to eat, but dinner was still hours away so I made a refresher smoothie. 

Refresher Smoothie
  • 1/2 small banana
  • 1/2 cup small frozen strawberries
  • 2/3 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • 3 tablespoons Dannon Light and Fit vanilla greek yogurt

Add all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. 

You don't have to add in the greek yogurt, but it does make the smoothie thicker. This recipe makes a perfect single serving size smoothie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment