Saturday, February 28, 2015

One Dozen Chocolate Chip Cookies


I finally had time to hang out with a friend who I had not seen in a long time. We have both been crazy busy with school and life in general, but I always enjoy spending time with her because she has lupus too so she knows the struggles. We were diagnosed within a few days of each other, kinda crazy right? What's even more crazy we didn't know we had the same doctor until after we were both diagnosed. Since I knew I was going to see her I wanted to bake her a treat. 

Normally I would try to do something fancy but I was short on time and didn't have time to make a run to the grocery store. I used what I had on hand to make her a dozen chocolate chip cookies. This recipe is great for one or two people because it doesn't make a full batch of 2-3 dozen cookies. I made sure to have taste testers before giving them to her, special thanks to my neighbors since I don't like sweets. 

One Dozen Chocolate Chip Cookies
  • 1/2 cup and 1 tablespoon whole wheat, all purpose or gluten free all purpose flour would work too
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 1 egg yolk
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/3 cup chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with tin foil, parchment paper or a baking liner. If you use tinfoil spray a light coat of nonstick cook spray or coconut oil on it so the cookies do not stick.

In a mixing bowl combine flour, brown sugar, baking soda and sugar. 

Add in the wet ingredients- butter, egg yolk and vanilla extract. Mix until the batter is combined but do not over mix. 

Fold the chocolate chips into the batter.

Place the dough in the freezer for 10-15 minutes. Chilling the dough will prevent the cookies from being runny and spreading out.

After chilling drop about 1 tablespoon of dough on the cookie sheet. 

Bake cookies at 350 for 10-12 minutes. Check the cookies for doneness. The should be golden around the edges and on top. 

Allow cookies to fully cool before storing.


No comments:

Post a Comment