Friday, September 4, 2015

Coconut Flour Pancakes with Fruit


As you probably all know by now I love pancakes. I probably post too many pictures of pancakes on instagram, but I am not ashamed of my love for these bad boys. Just looking at this stack of pancakes has my mouth watering. 

I have gotten a few requests to share the recipe, which I posted awhile back (link here). I will share it again though because I have been adding fruit into the recipe because well why not? I always have TONS of fruit around, especially in the summer. You can make these pancakes with any fruit your heart desires- get wild, get crazy, get fruity ;)

Coconut Flour Pancakes
  • 2 Tablespoons coconut flour
  • 1 Tablespoon zero calorie sweetener, I used stevia
  • 1/8 teaspoon (heaping) baking powder
  • 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (more or less to taste)
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • 6 Tablespoons (or 1/4 cup plus 2 Tablespoons) liquid egg whites
  • FRUIT OF CHOICE- strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, etc.

In a small mixing bowl combine the dry ingredients, then add in the wet ingredients and stir until a thick batter forms. It takes awhile for the batter to thicken so be patient and keep stirring.

Spray a skillet with nonstick cook spray and heat to medium-low. 

While the skillet is heating up get your fruit ready. For strawberries I just slice them up into tiny chunks and blueberries I keep whole, but for raspberries and blackberries I like to crush them. Use a knife to cut them into tiny pieces and then use a fork to squish them. You can mix the squished fruit into the batter or drop it in when you dump the batter into the skillet like you would do with chocolate chips. Typically I will add in about 3 Tablespoons of fruit.

When the skillet is hot drop about two tablespoons on batter onto the skillet and add in fruit (if you haven't already). 

Allow the pancake to cook for 1-2 minutes and when the underside turns golden flip and cook the other side for 1-2 minutes. Cook time will vary on your heat setting so keep a close eye on your pancakes. 

Repeat with remaining batter. *Note the photo above shows a double batch of pancakes. 

This recipe easily doubles or triples so you can enjoy a big stack or share with others! 

I love to add toppings to the pancakes. Some of my favorite toppings are: Walden farms pancake syrup, Walden Farms chocolate syrup, Quest Nutrition Quest cravings bar- chopped up, San Franola Granola crumbles, and of course more fresh fruit. The greatest thing about pancakes is you can make them your own!

Nutrition per single serving:
MACROS: 8C/3F/12P
Nutrition Facts
Servings 1.0
Amount Per Serving
calories 118
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 3 g4 %
Saturated Fat 2 g10 %
Monounsaturated Fat 0 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg0 %
Sodium 725 mg30 %
Potassium 160 mg5 %
Total Carbohydrate 8 g3 %
Dietary Fiber 5 g22 %
Sugars 1 g
Protein 12 g25 %
Vitamin A23 %
Vitamin C0 %
Calcium8 %
Iron19 %

No comments:

Post a Comment