Monday, December 14, 2015

One Pan Dinner: Greek Chicken


Happy Monday/welcome to finals week! This past weekend was an absolute whirlwind! I tried to get a ton of studying in before the weekend arrived because I knew commencement and family was going to occupy most of my time. After finals (if I survive) I will get a post up about graduation.

With finals this week and a million other activities going on meal prep is my only hope to eat quick, healthy meals. I've been making this chicken a lot recently. It's incredibly moist and packed with flavor. Bonus I also roast veggies on the same pan while the chicken is cooking, thus one pan meal. In all fairness I roasted potatoes the other day so I had those too, but you can roast potatoes at the same time (it'd be a two pan meal then). It's a quick and easy meal to throw together and I will eating it between finals, packing, and running around like a mad woman ;)

One Pan Greek Chicken and Veggies
  • 1 lb organic thin sliced chicken breasts
  • 1/2-3/4 cup organic low sodium chicken broth
  • greek seasoning, to taste
  • pepper, to taste
  • minced garlic, to taste
  • 1 pound green beans, ends trimmed
  • 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
  • 1/2 small onion, diced
  • 1/2 tablespoon olive oil

Place chicken breasts in ziploc bag and dump all seasonings in bag. Seal the bag.

Gently shake the bag to coat all the chicken breasts with seasoning.

Open the bag and pour in chicken broth in. You want the chicken breasts to be covered in chicken broth to absorb some of the liquid. Reseal the bag. I let the chicken marinate in the refrigerator for the majority of the day. 

Preheat oven to 400F degrees. Line a baking sheet with tinfoil and spray with nonstick cook spray or coconut oil. 

Take chicken breasts out of bag and place on lined baking sheet. 

Sprinkle more seasoning over chicken breasts lightly coating each side.

In another ziploc bag combine trimmed green beans, cherry tomatoes, diced onion, and olive oil. Seal the bag.

Shake the ziploc bag gently to coat all the veggies in olive oil. 

After coating all veggies in olive oil open bag and spread veggies over chicken breasts on baking sheet. Try to evenly spread out veggies so everything cooks evenly. 

Bake chicken and veggies at 400F degrees for 25-30 minutes. The chicken is done cooking when the juices run clear. 

I served the chicken with roasted potatoes that I had made the day before, but you can easily roast potatoes and cook chicken at the same time. If you do that the potatoes need about 15 minutes more cook time than the chicken. It will be a two pan dinner then, but if you line the baking sheet the clean up is minimal!


No comments:

Post a Comment