Thursday, December 10, 2015

Only Natural Pet Review


Happy Thursday everyone, only one more day till it's the weekend! I'm very excited about this post for two reasons: one because it's going to a series of reviews and two it involved Cora!! I try not to appear like a crazy dog lady, but let's be real Cora is like my child.

In my house Cora is not just a pet, she's a family member. As with any family member I care about her overall well-being. I'm very particular about her care because I want her to have the longest, healthiest, and happiest life possible. One of my number one concerns is what she eats. Cora has allergies (a lot of them) and a sensitive stomach, so it can be hard to find food that meets her needs- not to mention I refuse to give her food with an ingredients list a mile long and filled with ingredients I can't pronounce. 


PetSmart reached out to me and asked if I'd be interested in trying a new line of products they are carrying called Only Natural Pet. After taking some time to learn about the brand I readily agreed. What I loved about Only Natural Pet was all the treats and food is made with minimal ingredients and they are focused on the quality of ingredients. It's paleo-inspired which means your pet is getting high protein, high quality food that will actually benefit them. Only Natural Pet honestly cares about the well-being of pets and for that reason I agreed to test their products, of course Cora was thrilled.

I swear Cora has a sixth sense when it comes to packages that are for her. She loves the UPS man anyway, but she was all over this box. Cora kept sticking her nose in the bully stick treats bag, so we tested that out first. The only "treat" I will give Cora is all natural peanut butter, so she was thrilled to be getting a treat. Best of all the the package says low odor and it should say no odor because I couldn't smell a thing! I hate the dog raw hides that smell really bad at the pet store, but the bully sticks didn't smell at all. 


Cora gives the treats two paws up! She snatched the treat out of my hand and started chowing down right away. I later asked Cora's vet about the treats and he gave his stamp of approval. He said they are great for her teeth, they won't upset her stomach, and he approved of the ingredients (or lack there of). It also kept her occupied chewing, so I didn't have to worry about her getting into trouble while I wasn't looking.


Another one of Cora's favorites from Only Natural Pet is the all meat bites. I've been trying (and failing) to teach her some new tricks, so we have been using these to try to aid the process. Again, they are only high quality ingredients, so I don't have to worry about what she is consuming. I'd say they are helping teach her new tricks, but it's not working- she just snatches the treat when I'm not looking. 


Overall, I'm very impressed and very happy with all of the Only Natural Pet products and Cora is too. I think this has been her favorite product test to date :) So far, her top four favorites from the new line are: low odor bully sticks, freeze dried bison bites, freeze dried chicken bites, and freeze dried beef bites. Of course I always recommend talking to your vet before giving your pet anything because they will be able to tell you what's best for your pet. 

Let me know if you try any of the Only Natural Pet products and what you think of them! PetSmart carries a huge line of their products and I know a few of the products will find their way into Cora's Christmas stocking ;)

*PetSmart supplied me with products from the Only Natural Pet line to do this review. All thoughts and opinions expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment