Sunday, December 27, 2015

Post Christmas and Pear & PB Cup Oatmeal


A delayed Merry Christmas to you! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas filled with faith, family, and lots of laughter! I apologize for being MIA from the blog in recent weeks. Christmastime is always chaotic, but this year was even more so. I was finishing up my last semester of college, then graduation, finals, Christmas shopping, moving, trying to wrap everything before Christmas, and then Christmas! It's been a CRAZY few weeks and I am definitely looking forward to some downtime coming up. 

My eating has been all over the place the past few weeks. I've been tracking, but I haven't been super strict about it. As Sam always says memories > macros. I couldn't agree more. The biggest change for me this holiday season is eating enough and not stuffing or starving myself. I stop when I have had enough and I always make sure to have a balance of lean protein, carbs, and lots of veggies and fruit. I've been putting in lots of time at the gym and building up my miles and my body has definitely been feeling it. 

I will try to get a blog up this week with all the graduation photos and recent happenings (pre-warning: it will probably be long!). This morning I took a break from lifting and running and just did some LISS cardio- I walked and took it easy. My hip flexor has really been bothering me recently so if anyone has any advice on how to loosen it up please let me know! 

After getting back from the gym I baked some cinnamon pear oatmeal. I spiced things up a bit by adding in some mini Justin's peanut butter cups. My mom had them from doing some holiday baking and I'm not a sweets person, but I needed something this morning and it hit the spot in the oatmeal! The oatmeal is: 
  • 1/2 cup gluten free oats
  • 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
  • heaping 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 2 tablespoons liquid egg whites
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • 1/2 medium pear, sliced
  • few Justin's mini PB cups

All of that mixed into a ramekin and baked at 350F degrees for 35 minutes. Just let it cool for a few minutes before eating or you will burn yourself!

I ate in front of the Christmas tree while reading Jesus Calling and Breakfast with Jesus. I love starting my day off in God's word, it helps me focus my day and keep my thoughts on him. 

I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend and can relax!

No comments:

Post a Comment