Thursday, December 3, 2015

Spiced Pear and Pomegranate Baked Oatmeal


TGIT! Only one more day till the weekend and closing in on a week until graduation!! I picked up my cap and gown yesterday, which made everything very real- like holy crap I have to be a real adult now kinda real. So, I'm going to enjoy the last of my three day weekends while I can. I applaud my younger self for never scheduling Friday classes :)

I wasn't planning on sharing a recipe this morning, but I made some seriously tasty oats for breakfast and I couldn't not share! Baked pear oatmeal is one of my favorites, but this morning I kicked it up a notch by spicing things up and adding pomegranate seeds!! It's an easy and delicious breakfast that is sure to make your tastebuds very happy!!

Spiced Pear and Pomegranate Baked Oatmeal
  • 1/2 cup gluten free oats
  • heaping 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • heaping 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • pinch ground nutmeg
  • pinch ground cloves
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 3 Tablespoons liquid egg whites
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • 1/2 pear, sliced
  • 1.5 Tablespoons pomegranate seeds
  • OPTIONAL: 2 Tablespoons POM pomegranate juice

Preheat oven to 350F degrees and spray a ramekin with nonstick cook spray or coconut oil.

In ramekin combine oats, cinnamon, baking powder, nutmeg, and ground cloves until well combined.

Add in egg whites, vanilla extract, and almond milk. Stir until mixture becomes thicker. If you are adding in pomegranate juice for an extra pomegranate flavor reduce almond milk by 1 Tablespoon.

Next, stir pomegranate seeds into the mixture- be sure to stir well so the seeds are distributed throughout the ramekin.

Finally, layer pear slices on top of the batter and add an extra pinch of cinnamon to the top. 

Bake at 350F degrees for 30-35 minutes. Cook time will vary depending on your oven. 

Allow ramekin to cool for a few minutes before eating oats. I added some more pomegranate seeds on top before I ate the oatmeal (one can never have too many pomegranate seeds). Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment