Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Berry Breakfast Bowl


Happy Tuesday! I hope you had a terrific weekend, it rained for a little bit here, but as soon as it stopped my boyfriend and I headed to the cider mill for some fall fun. We did tons of walking through apple trees and I went through my first corn maze🌽 I'm not sure how I made it this long without going through a corn maze, but it was a ton of fun and I definitely want to do another one!  

I'm not ready to let go of summer just yet because then berries will be out of season😢 What fruit am I going to use for my breakfast bowls?! Speaking of breakfast, I get asked about my breakfast bowls a lot, so I figured why not tell you how to make them? They're super quick and easy to make and totally customizable. Fruit can be cut up ahead of time and oats packed in a bag or bowl and made at work if you're short on time in the morning. The addition of protein powder helps keep me full for much longer than just plain oatmeal. No one likes a hangry person or wants to be a hangry person by 10am😳 

Berry Breakfast Bowl
  • 1/2 cup gluten free oats
  • cinnamon, to taste
  • 3/4 cup water
  • 2 Tablespoons protein powder
  • fruit of choice
  • honey (optional)
  • sprinkles

In a microwave safe bowl combine oats and cinnamon. 

Pour water into bowl- use as much water as directed on the oat container- and microwave according to instructions. 

When oats are cooked stir in 2 Tablespoons protein powder, my favorite protein to use is Bob's Red Mill vanilla or chocolate or Vega protein

Once you've stirred in the protein add your favorite fruit on top- my go to's are strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries. I like to add small drizzle of honey on top of the fruit, but that is optional. 

Finally add sprinkles on top because sprinkles are awesome :)

If you make a breakfast bowl take a picture, tag me on instagram, and use the hashtag #thesimplelife I'd love to see your creations! Don't forget to like my new Facebook page

2 comments:

  1. I love savoring the end of the summer berries; for some reason I think I've really noticed and appreciated the delicious berries this year more than ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been savoring the last of the season berries too! I need to move somewhere warm so I can have them all year long :)

      Delete