Monday, October 24, 2016

Stovetop Protein Oats


Happy Monday! I hope you had a great weekend and got to enjoy some beautiful fall weather. I ventured out to Grand Rapids to celebrate one of my best friends birthdays and we had a great time hanging out and enjoying the city. As much as I love getting away for a weekend I love coming home to my kitchen and my regular gym. I definitely missed my regular morning oats while I was gone. 

Speaking of oats I tried stovetop oats for the first time and holy smokes they're so good!! I have been missing out on some seriously dreamy, creamy oats for a long time😋 Last week I was not feeling good so I practically lived off oatmeal but I wanted to switch things up so I opted to make stovetop oats. Now I'm in love and knew I had to share because they're so good.

Stovetop Protein Oats

  • 1/2 cup GF oats
  • 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • pinch cinnamon
  • 2 Tablespoons plant based protein (I like Nutiva hemp protein and Bob's Red Mill)

In a medium pot bring almond milk to a boil. 

When almond milk starts boiling stir in oats and cinnamon and turn heat down to medium. 

Stir oats occasionally for 1-2 minutes, or according to directions on oatmeal container.

Just before removing oats from heat stir in 2 Tablespoons of protein powder. 

When everything is fully mixed remove oats from heat, scoop into a bowl and add your favorite toppings. 


No comments:

Post a Comment