This has felt like the longest week ever. It has not been one of my better weeks, but I'll get into that in a minute. Please can it just be Saturday already?! I have a few things planned on Saturday for my boyfriend and I because it's been a heck of a week and we both need some time to destress and unwind. I'm keeping things a surprise, I LOVE surprises, and I'm pretty excited about it😁 anyway let's jump into this weeks thinking out loud post...
1. To say this week has been long is an understatement. The major blow came to me on Tuesday when I finally sucked it up and went to doctor because I had been having really bad knee pain for about a week. I figured it was nothing so I continued on it, I had a run streak to protect, but apparently I was wrong. Of course the doctor had to go and bend it every which way, at that point I felt like punching him because HOLY SMOKES IT HURT. The doctor is pretty sure I hurt my IT band which he stressed is common among runners and he told me to stop running for awhile. I was crushed. I have been running every single day for months. I love it and I miss it and I cannot wait to get back out there. I got sent for an X-RAY and if that doesn't show anything I'm going to get an MRI next week. I miss running SO MUCH😭
2. Want to know what else stinks about not being able to run right now? The weather is absolutly perfect. I'm talking 75F degrees, a light breeze, sunshine a picture perfect day. On the bright side I have been getting outside with Cora and soaking up all the sunshine. Cora is loving this weather as well because it's not too hot for her, she is not a fan of 90F degree days especially given she's black and has a LOT of fur.
3. I found a two pound container of strawberries on sale for $3.50 so of course I snatched them up. Most places have one pound containers for $2 or $3 this time of year because berry season is basically over. I was cutting up some strawberries to go with dinner last night and I came across this mutated strawberries. You would think it's two strawberries but it's actually one strawberry! The leaf only went halfway through the middle of the berry, it was strange but it tasted delicious so I'm not going to complain.
4. It may still feel like summer but I'm totally crushing on these protein pumpkin waffles right now. Sadly I can't eat them with nut butter on top so I pile on the berries and syrup. They're so good and make a single serving so for those of us who cook for one it's perfect! The recipe easily doubles or triples so you can definitely make it for more than one. I really can't brag on this waffle enough, it's THAT GOOD😋
5. Some days when I actually get out of gym clothes and do my hair and makeup and feel accomplished. Such days obviously require the flower crown snapchat filter. Seriously though I basically live in gym clothes. I need to stop being such a bum and wear regular people clothes once in awhile because I wore jeans for the first time in awhile and it felt incredibly weird. I have a strict policy that I don't leave the house wearing sweatpants though so I'll throw on capris or something- never leggings though. I despise leggings.
6. I have been honing my carpentry skills with my dad recently. He decided to take on the task of rebuilding one of our main decks so I've been working with him. My dad has been having me help him with carpentry stuff and other various things like plumbing, electrical, car repairs/maintenance since I was really young and I've learned a lot. I'm proud of the fact that I can build stuff like deck railings and change the oil in my car without help. Needless to say I was never the girl who painted her nails when I was little #tomboy.
I don't have a ton to say this week so I will end things there. What's your favorite snapchat filter? What is one skill you have and are proud of?
Have a great Thursday everyone, only one more day until the weekend🎉🎉🎉