Aloha and happy Thursday🌺 I'm writing this while I stare at the gorgeous ocean and am surrounded by palm trees. Needless to say I'm one very happy camper right now. I'm excited to share this weeks thinking out loud from the beautiful island of Kauai.
1. I never want to come home. Hawaii has always been my happy place, but it's seriously a dream being here. There are so many gorgeous paths to run on and nothing beats running next to the ocean. I always took time after my run to watch the sunrise and just soak in the beauty of Hawaii. I'm so grateful for the opportunity to be here and I want to savor every second of it.
2. I stopped in an adorable coffee shop/cafe in Kapaa for an açai bowl but was devastated to find out they were out of açai😭 I got a dragonfruit bowl instead which was still incredibly delicious but not as good as an açai bowl.
3. I may sort of be a dog stalker, but it's not totally my fault. I was out running and a guys dog ran up to me so of course I had to pet him and he was so well behaved. I ran into another dog later and had to stop and pet him too. One of my friends said my run would get done so much faster if I didn't stop (or be stopped) to pet all the puppies. That's just not going to happen because I am in love with dogs.
4. Speaking of adorable dogs, this is Roman😍 I had some time to kill before I could get into the next condo so I stopped at the human society in Lihue and took some of the dogs out to play. I spent a few hours there playing with and petting the puppies. Roman was by far my favorite because he was such a ham. He had a fantastic personality and was such a happy dog. He fit as many tennis balls in his mouth as he could and loved playing keep away. I would have brought him home in a heartbeat if there was an easy way to get him home. He was genuinely such a sweet dog and I hope he gets the best home ever. I want to take him home so badly😫
5. On a tastier note, I found the cutest ice cream shop. It's called Tropical Dreams and it's located in Kapaa. They had a fantastic selection of ice cream, dairy free ice cream, vegan ice cream, and gluten free options. The owner and workers were the absolute nicest and I cannot recommend Tropical Dreams enough. Hands down the BEST dairy free ice cream I've ever had. Ben and Jerry's dairy free has nothing on Tropical Dreams.
6. Aside from all the delicious eats, I've been getting in plenty of beach time. There is absolutely zero filter on this picture, the water is seriously that blue. It's even more stunning in person. I'm never leaving✌
7. If you have not heard Ed Sheeran's new album do it now!! I'm not a giant Ed Sheeran fan but holy cow his new album is amazing👏 Perfect is my new favorite song. It's unbelievably sweet and gosh he is just perfection on this song. Go listen to it, you won't regret it.
I'll end things here this week. Here's to sending some warm weather and sunshine your way🌸🌴☀ have a terrific Thursday!!
What is your favorite thing to do on vacation?
If you could travel anywhere in the world where would you go and why?