Monday, March 6, 2017
Introduction + Ten Facts
Hi there👋 I have noticed an increase in traffic recently so I wanted to take the chance to say hello to all the new faces checking out my blog! I'm not sure what brought you here, but I'm glad you're here! My name is Rachael and The Simple Life is where I share recipes I have created, random things I think about (thinking out loud), and posts about life, love and everything in between. I have been tagged a number of times to do the 10 facts about me on instagram but I wanted to do it here to share with all of you😊
1. I started this blog as a way to share recipes with my family and friends all at once because I grew tired of handwriting out recipes multiple times.
2. My favorite place to be is on the beach, preferably in Maui or SoCal. One day I would love to have a little house on the beach. Nothing beats falling to sleep and waking up to the sound of the ocean.
3. I have a 4.5 year old pup named Cora who I got from an animal shelter. She's a little (or a LOT) nutty, but she provides much needed comic relief and I love her to pieces.
4. The outdoors are my favorite places to be. I love getting out and enjoying nature whether it's running, biking, walking, hiking, playing on the beach, paddleboarding, pond hockey, etc. Life is too short to waste sitting inside in front of a screen.
5. Hockey is my favorite sport. I can watch any hockey game and have a good time, but my favorite team is the Pittsburgh Penguins. I root for my hometown Detroit Red Wings too. Growing up in Michigan hockey is a way of life, mostly because winters are so long. My dad had me up on skates at the ripe old age of 3 and I've been skating ever since. My brother and I would spend hours out on the lake passing the puck around in the winter.
6. I'm pretty competitive. I like to win and I have no problem talking smack. Most of my friends are guys so I take competition seriously. My boyfriend and I talk smack to each other all the time, especially when it comes to Mario Kart on N64 (yes I still have my Nintendo 64). I've beat him countless times, he's just a sore loser.
7. Minimalism makes me happy. I've had long talks with people about this and don't get me wrong I LOVE having a big closet, but really you only need so much to live. I would rather have fewer possessions and spend my money traveling and experiencing new places. My travel bucket list is pretty long but I have been able to tackle a few on my list including London and Paris.
8. Dogs make me happy. If I'm out running or walking I always notice dogs before I notice anything else. I have also banned myself from going to an animal shelter because I will come home with a dog- that's how Cora came home. Basically I'm just a crazy dog lady who wants to rescue and love all the dogs.
9. I'm not a big fan of wearing shoes unless I'm working out. For awhile my dad used to call me his hippie child because I walk around barefoot all the time. I'm also not a fan of having to tie shoes so flip flops, slip ons, or boots are normally my go to. In the summer good luck trying to get me to wear shoes at all.
10. Nothing makes me happier than hearing from my awesome readers! Whether it's a comment, being tagged in a picture on instagram because you tried a recipe, or reading an email from you. I LOVE hearing from you! Even if you just need someone to talk to don't hesitate to contact me😄
Posted by Rachael Miner