Monday, October 30, 2017

Crockpot Turkey Vegetable Soup


Happy Monday! I have a hard time remembering what day it actually is because Monday is actually my Wednesday since Saturday is my Monday. Talk about confusing🙆 anyway I hope you had a good weekend and got to enjoy some downtime. 

I've talked about meal prep before, but it really does save me during my work week. I prep both lunch and dinner so I can just heat stuff up throughout the week. Working long hours everyday in the news room and flip flopping between day shifts and night shifts doesn't leaves me a lot of free time. I've been using my crockpot a ton to prep and one of my recent favorites has been this soup. Browning the turkey with chili powder has packed in a lot of flavor and in the soup it pairs perfectly with the other spices and vegetables. Tag me on instagram or Facebook if you try it!

Crockpot Turkey Vegetable Soup
  • 1lb lean ground turkey
  • 1 small sweet onion, diced
  • 2 cloves minced garlic
  • 32 oz. sodium free organic chicken broth
  • 1 cup tomato juice
  • 14.5oz can diced tomatoes, drained
  • 1 cup baby bella mushrooms, sliced
  • 1 cup green beans
  • 1/2 cup carrots, sliced
  • 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
  • 1 teaspoon dried thyme
  • 1/2 teaspoon basil
  • red pepper flakes to taste
  • pepper, to taste
  • OPTIONAL: chili powder season, to taste
In a pan over medium heat pour a drizzle of olive oil and brown ground turkey. I added chili powder to the turkey as it was browning to give it more flavor. Once browned, remove from heat and set aside.

Place all ingredients, including browned turkey, in crockpot. 

Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours. 

Store in airtight container in the fridge or freeze for later use.

No comments:

Post a Comment