Thursday, December 28, 2017

Angry Dogs & Live Shots: Thinking Out Loud #69

Happy Thursday and a late Merry Christmas! I hope you had a very Merry Christmas. I spent the holiday working (no holidays in news), but I got to FaceTime with my parents and my puppy once I was off. I got to watch them open presents I sent, yes I mailed Cora presents, and it was nice. I definitely missed being home for the holiday though. This was another long week at work, mostly 12+ hour days. News life is no joke, but I get to tell some pretty cool stories so I guess it's all good. Anyway, before I really get blabbing, let's jump into this week's thinking out loud


1. This guy deserves major props. He was my photographer yesterday and we reported on a house fire in -17 degree weather. That's -17 WITHOUT windchill, with it was well below -25. We were outside forever for the morning show, but got a little break before we headed back out for the 5 & 6 pm shows. He braved the temps with me and he's the best partner in crime I could ask for, he sings along in the car with me๐Ÿ™Œ


2. While we waited between live shots for the 5 & 6pm shows we waited in the car because we were FROZEN. We were singing along to the radio and all the windows started steaming up, the neighbors probably thought something bad was going on. We just started laughing when we realized what was happening. Sorry, I'd rather steam up the windows singing and being warm than get frostbite. 


3. I got some comments and messages on my instagram post. Yes I was sick on Christmas and have been for awhile. I've been battling a kidney infection and have been running a fever, throwing up on occasion and dealing with other less than pleasant symptoms. I'm on the mend (hopefully) now and have been switched to new meds. Thank you for all the sweet messages. I have had to work through it, but I've taken time off at the gym to rest and let my body heal.


4. I need advice! I deal with excessively dry skin, but I put lotion on all the time. I've tried all sorts of things and even my dermatologist has given me stuff but nothing has worked. Do you have any products you love that work well? Any advice is appreciated!  


5. Viewers sent us in photos for Christmas and all of us almost died laughing over this one. This poor dog is clearly NOT thrilled to be in the reindeer costume. I've never seen a dog look so upset, but it's so hilarious๐Ÿ˜‚


6. I LOVE this quote. I just relate so much to it. I've really been trying to focus more on living in the moment and less on setting expectations. Of course I still have goals, but I want to enjoy the day to day and not wish my life away. 

Happy Thursday and have a great weekend and a very happy (and safe) New Year! I'll see you in 2018๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰

1. How did you celebrate the holidays? 
2. What is one goal you have for the new year? 

No comments:

Post a Comment