Monday, December 16, 2013

Crockpot Christmas Cheer

Happy Crockpot Monday to all! Christmas is fast approaching and it never fails that more needs to get done during the holiday season, but everyone has less time. Personally one of the ways I like to slow down my life is by giving back. Whether is be volunteering at a local organization or visiting the elderly volunteering is a wonderful way to give back to the community, but in all honesty you receive so much more by volunteering than you ever give. 

In the holiday spirit I decided to make this weeks crockpot meal and take it to an elderly couple. I have known this elderly couple my entire life and they are the sweetest people you will ever meet. The elderly man loves summer and summer fruits so I threw together my crockpot apricot chicken for a bit of summery inspiration. I served the apricot chicken over white rice with green beans and my mom made them some cookies for dessert. 

I apologize for not having a new crockpot meal for you this week, but being able to help out this elderly couple meant a lot to me. Please be sure to check back later this week as I am working on a few new Christmas posts. In the mean time check out my tips on how to easily seed a pomegranate and my christmas puppy chow recipe to get into the festive spirit! Have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment