Sunday, April 20, 2014

Asian Quinoa Salad

Ah, the sweet smell of spring- well minus the allergy part it is a sweet smell. With finals next week leftovers are a glorious thing. I had made asian peanut salad earlier last week and had just enough leftovers for one more meal.

I heated up leftovers and threw it over mixed greens for a salad. I also added 1/3 cup of quinoa into the mix for added protein. Plus quinoa with the peanut oil sauce tastes amazing! Check out the link for the recipe to the asian peanut salad.

For the quinoa I cooked 1 cup in organic low sodium chicken broth, to give it some flavor, according the package instructions. Most brands of quinoa vary in cook time or the instructions are different, so be sure to check before cooking it.

Once I had my salad thrown together I topped it with some asian rice noodles, found in the international aisle of the grocery store. 

No comments:

Post a Comment