Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Finals Week

I am slowly going stir crazy. I hate having my finals so spread out, I'd rather take them all in one day and be done! My first final this week wasn't until today at four, and don't get me wrong I've been studying hard, but you can only study for so long before you just lose it.

I think it's safe to say I have lost it. I have packed up everything I possibly could, repacked, stared at what I had packing trying to think if I could pack anything else, and studied my brains out. I have also started making lists of foods I want make once I'm home. I have a few recipes I can't wait to test out on my family- especially since my dad is the pickiest eater EVER. He's a meat and potatoes man. I'm going to try to get him like healthier foods and maybe even gluten free foods.

Anyways, after my final this afternoon/evening I got back and was hungry for dinner. I had leftovers of crockpot teriyaki chicken. I heated it up and threw it over a salad I picked up at the grocery store. I topped it with a bit of taco cheese, mostly because I am trying to clear out the fridge without wasting anything. 

In the salad is:
-2 cups mixed greens
-shredded carrots
-cherry tomatos
-sliced red cabbage
-2 tablespoons taco cheese
-1 cup shredded teriyaki chicken, heated up in excess liquid (then poured over salad)

I didn't use any dressing. I used some of the extra sauce that I had stored in the container as a dressing. It was sweet and made the salad delicious. 

The only thing getting me through this week is knowing that once I finish my last exam on Thursday I am a free woman! It will be summer and I can head home to see my family and Cora!

Have a great night and check back soon! I will be posting tips on how to make a moving to and home from college easy, affordable gifts for Mother's Day, and of course more gluten free recipes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment