Thursday, May 29, 2014

Memorial Weekend Part 2


The rest of the weekend following Corunna was very relaxing. Sunday morning I went for a 5 mile walk- running is still painful, but I'm making progress. I am an early riser so I was out walking at 6 a.m. I walked without headphones and it was so peaceful just to be alone with my thoughts. 



After my walk I pulled a jar of overnight oats out of the fridge- I'm telling you it's the most convenient thing in the world! This jar had:
  • 1/4 cup Dannon Light and Fit Vanilla Greek Yogurt
  • 1/4 cup GF steel cut oats
  • 1/2 cup fresh blueberries and raspberries
  • 1/4 cup more yogurt
  • 1 kiwi, sliced and 1/2 small banana, sliced in a pattern
  • 1/4 cup more oats
  • 1/4 cup more yogurt
  • 3 large strawberries, sliced


My mom planted some flowers we had leftover from planting at the cemetery after church on Sunday. I thought these purple ones, sorry I don't know what they're called, were absolutely beautiful. Nothing says summer like beautiful flowers.


I found a baby snapping turtle being sucked away in the waves because there were so many boats on the lake enjoying the beautiful weather. Much to my dad's dismay I scooped him up and safely placed him on a big rock that was just close enough to the water, but also far enough that a wave wouldn't suck him out. The poor guy needed to catch his breath after fighting the waves. Cora was fascinated by him. 

Finally I want to say a delayed, but still deserved thank you to all the men and women who serve our country. We wouldn't have the freedoms we do without all of the hard, selfless work you do! I hope everyone had a safe and fun memorial weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment