Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Sweet Summertime

Being home from college is great, but I've been majorly slacking on everything. I have spent a ton of time with Cora not that she minds because now she has someone to play with her 24/7. I am one of those crazy dog ladies that talks to their dog and most of the time Cora will just cock her head at me because she has no idea what I'm saying unless it involves "outside" or "squirrel." It's a good thing she's cute!

Yesterday morning after my workout I was productive. I made gluten free banana muffins but this time I added 1/3 cup frozen blueberries, fresh blueberries work as well, and two tablespoons of mini chocolate chips. They are so good! Most people I know are skeptical of gluten free foods, but I promise you'd never know these were gluten free because they taste like banana bread.

Mid morning I met up with an old friend and went shopping. We shopped, grabbed lunch at Max and Erma's and shopped some more. Max and Erma's does have a gluten free menu you just have to ask! I forgot to take a picture of my salad, but I had a Grilled Apple Pecan salad minus the bleu cheese (I never liked that stuff) and dressing and I didn't have the breadstick. 

I have been on the hunt for business casual clothes that are both cute and affordable for my internship I start next week. All the stores are full of crop tops, which my boss would so not be ok with! Any suggestions of stores I should check out? I got some clothes at Charlotte Russe, but I could still use a few more outfits. I was exhausted when I finally got home and threw leftovers in a gluten free wrap for dinner.

For the wrap:
  • 1 gluten free wrap- Smart and Delicious is my favorite brand
  • 1/2 cup refried beans- check the label to ensure it's gluten free
  • 1/3 cup cooked ground turkey
  • 2/3 cup kale
  • 1/4 cup avocado, sliced
  • Mexican cheese sprinkled over top
  • 1/4 cup mild salsa- check the label to ensure it's gf

All I did was heat up the refried beans and ground turkey and then layer everything onto the wrap.

Tomorrow I will get the recipe up for the overnight oats picture I posted on Instagram yesterday. Have a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment